💖 Chapter 25💖

Chapter 25

I met Mide through Charlotte, it wasn't the most romantic meeting but there was something peculiar about him, I love fact he was sweet, considerate and caring.  He was extremely shy, he didn't like talking much but I made him into a talkative. You're going to have to make him into a talkative! He's a lot more relieved when he talks.

"I think I'm doing that already" Fortunate muttered to herself as she read on.

Can you believe he was too shy to even ask me out? I forced him to and i'm going to tell you how I did it. Whatever hurt he's going to feel when I'm gone Fortunate, whatever vacancy I'm going to leave, i know you can fill the space in his heart. Just take it easy with him, try to be sweet; then will you find the most sweetest part of Mide. It won't also kill you to use the word 'i'm sorry' or 'thank you' once in a while. Use it and see the magic it does. You'll see another person different from what you thought he was. Mide is far from being arrogant, he needs to be understood and he needs to be broken. He's harbouring a lot of hurts and I wasn't able to help out because I didn't know until I came to Ife. I thought I knew all about him until I came here. He told me he wasn't on good terms with his father but it's worst than you think and also his ex girlfriend issue which I got to find out about and personally, i think the wounds are still fresh and I wonder how the deep his wounds would be when I die. It's in your hands Fortunate, you're a woman and you have that power, I believe you do and I know you can help Mide and also help me too. What's there not to fall in love with? I mean that smile and that laugh, God that laugh!

Fortunate laughed, she couldn't agree more, Mide had one of the most charming laughter. Soon she slept off with the notebook on her chest.

Dera tapped her sister on the arm while she was sleeping. Fortunate opened her eyes, "Is it morning already?" She asked i a sleepy tone,  "Yes. Come and see something"
"What?" Fortunate asked, "Come" she went out of the room and Fortunate placed the notebook on the drawer then she followed Dera out of only to hear the sound of Ibo upbeat music coming from the living room. She found Dera peeping at the sitting room and she wondered what she was looking at.
She also peeped too only to see her mother in her father's arms dancing to the music. It's not everyday they find their parents cuddling!

"Awwwn" Fortunate walked out with a big smile and her mother laughed.

"You weren't supposed to interupt them!" Dera snapped playfully, "Look at these children oh" Mama Orji commented still glued to her husband.

"You guys just woke up and decide to listen to music" Fortunate smiled, "This isn't just any music. This was the jam that brought each and everyone of you to planet Earth".

"Iew!" Dera's face contorted in disgust.

"Look at this one! It's our jam"
"Sister have you ever seen Mom and Dad kiss?" Dera asked and Fortunate laughed. "I think you should ask your brother that question he's quite older than I am" 

"Happy anniversary to you the both of you" Fortunate greeted hugging her parents, "Happy anniversary!" Dera joined in wrapping her arms around Fortunate and her parents.

"Dubem, what are your plans for me?" Mama Orji pulled away and her husband laughed. "Daddy don't answer her until she calls you Darling or sweetheart" Dera suggested.

"Dubem darling," Mama Orji called out, "Now she's talking!"

"Do you have anything planned out for us?" She asked and he smiled.  "We are going out as a family to celebrate this"

"Where?"

"It's a surprise"

Mama Orji glanced at Fortunate, "Oya tell me now. Where?" "No"
"Dera sweetie!" She moved close to Dera and she chuckled.