💖 Chapter 4💖

The following morning as early as 6 am, Mama Orji dressed up in preparation to go to the hospital. She looked over at her husband who was still snoring loudly even after she had tried getting him to wake.

"Papa Orji!" She patted him again, "E don reach time to go hospital. I don't call Nurse Uju, she done ready to help us do cover up"

"I dey go farm" he muttered in his sleep, "Make I just reach farm first, I go tell you wetin to do next" continued then she pushed him to the ground.

He rose up, then he felt a sharp pain on his back. "Jesus! Mama Orji, you just go just dey play rough play"

"Rough play? No be wake i dey wake you up for more than thirty minutes now. You come get mind say, you dey good farm, dey go the farm make I see you now"

"No be sleep talk?"

"No be for sleep you open mouth tell me say my mouth dey smell?" She hissed facing the wall and he touched her cheeks playfully then he chuckled.

"Woman! You no dey forget something oh"

"I don baf wear cloth, you sef baf wear cloth make we go"

"Do we need to go to the hospital? Let's her come here and we'll tell her it was all a joke"
"You're speaking as though you don't know your daughter. She will just enter the first bus back to Lagos and we'll never see her again. Biko, I don't want that"
Mr Orji raised a grey polo up intentionally, he was trying to get approval from his wife whether to wear it or not.

"I hope say no be wetin you dey plan to wear follow me be that?"
"Wetin... Wetin do this cloth?" He stammered, "Wetin do this cloth?" She mimicked, "Na farm you dey go? Even farm don taya to see this cloth for your body." She answered and he scratched his neck.

"Every time I put on something I like you will definitely complain, which one sef?"

"Honey no vex oh, if you know say you want follow me go that hospital, drop am wear that cloth way you wear go Alhaji Mustapha birthday"

"Na.. na president I want go meet for hospital?"

"Dubem, you no dey get small shame? Na from this Polo people dey use recognize you. Whether you wear the grey Polo, or you no wear am, no be my business" she shrugged slapping the back of her palm on top the other.

"No be me e go pain, cause when then go point ask me, Madam, where is your husband. I go say, I'm sorry but I'm a widow" she answered and Mr Orji hissed.
"Wetin do this cloth now?" He busted into Ibo and Mrs Orji rose up.

"I don go oh, if you remember where the hospital dey, come meet for there" she hissed leaving.

Mr orji hissed raising the top up again, "This woman sef" he hissed then he busted into laughter when he remembered the utterance about her being a widow.

They've bet married for 33 years, her insults no longer penetrates him. Thirty three years of endurance.

Ebun opened her eyes the following morning. Her head tilted sideways to the IV stand as the liquid slowly pumped into her. The heart monitor was steady then she looked over at Mide who was having a conversation with the Doctor by the door.

She couldn't make out what they were taking about.

"Apart from the obvious, I can't really say that this is the exact thing that's happening to her. But we've run all the test we can, including the pregnancy test you suggested" The Dr Segun analysed and Mide exhaled.

"Baby" Ebun called out with a low voice and Mide rushed towards her direction.

"My love, how are you?" He pushed the chair close to the bed then he held her hands.