💖 Epilogue 💖

Epilogue....

7 months later

Fortunate's placed her hands on her waist screaming in pain from being  in labor then her mother laughed at her. "Mummy it's not funny" she snapped and her mother held her into Mide's car while Dera rushed to open the gate for Mide to drive out of their house.

Fortunate entered into Mide's car groaning once again, "No make that noise again for where I dey" "Mama it's paining me! I'd it's not paying me I won't shout. You know me, Mama you know me! Ah! It's as if my waist, my waist, it's as if it wants to cut into ten"

"It's okay baby" Mide assured starting the car, "Oh please! What do you know about being okay? I'm the one in this position, don't tell me it's okay. Ah!" She screamed again.

"Ma da lohun! (Don't answer her) Sha drive your thing and go!"

"Next one you're the one carrying it Mide! Ah! It's painful"

"If I slap you one, just one, the baby go come out now"

"Mama, my waist is killing me oh" she widened her leg, "Mummy it's coming out, check it, it's as if it's coming out"

Mide hands rested on his head as he paced to and fro the hospital corridors. "Son i think you should calm down" Lady Adebimpe advised, "Calm down? Mom, my wife is in labor and you expect me to what? Act like nothing is happening?" He asked and Lady Adebimpe chuckled, the scenario reminded her of when Ebun fainted after she arrived Ife.

"What's funny?"

"You said those exact words the first day Ebun fainted. And i told you you were acting like a person whose wife was in labour; now you're in that position"

"Does it always take this long"

"The scan says she's having twins right? She's a strong woman, she'll get through it"

Baby cries filled the theatre and Mama Orji smiled. "It's a boy, get ready for round two" "Mama I'm tired, I just want to sleep for two minutes, just two minutes" Fortunate requested, "Just two minutes alone? Why not twenty minutes?" She asked and Fortunate closed her eyes, "See this girl oh" Mama Orji slapped her on the couch cheek and she opened her eyes.

"I'm awake!"she groaned, "Mide! Ah! God of Zachariah! Come and save me!"

Papa Orji excused himself out of the room on receiving a call, "Don't tell them yet that Fortunate has given birth oh" Mama Orji yelled.

"Yes she has given birth" She heard her husband reply then she shook her head, slapping her face.

"This man no go kill me"

"How was the experience?" Foluke asked carrying her three months old baby in her arms. Fortunate hissed, "Was It sweet?" She asked and Fortunate laughed, mixed with grimace from the painful sensation in her breast and from also feeling sore below. "You guys should have seen the way my daughter began to speak in tongues"

"Child birth can make a woman say stupid things" Foluke agreed, "Fortunate was beginning to transfer her anger at me" Mide added and she laughed

"I'm sorry but it wasn't easy."  "I'm sorry" Mide apologized,  "What are you apologizing for? Me that went four times nko?" Mama Orji asked laughing at the same time.

Two nurses walked in with the light complexioned babies. "Iya Beji" the more mature nurse called out then Mama Orji along with Lady Adebimpe each carried the baby. Mide soon collect his son from his mother.

Tears rolled down his cheeks on holding the baby in his arms. "Is that how to carry a baby?" Mama Orji complained.

"When I was cleaning your baby girl up, I thought I saw something that looked like a birth mark at her back" The mature nurse noted, "What?" Fortunate asked, "What kind of birth mark?" She asked looking at her mom who immediately checked the baby's back.

"There's nothing there Ma." The nurse laughed at how bothered thsy were. "Like i was saying, I thought I saw something that looked like a birth mark, but when I cleaned it off, i realized it wasn't a birthmark. You all seemed worried when i mentioned birth mark why?" She asked and Fortunate shrugged.

"She's not a fan of birth marks" Dera replied, "God forbid that kind of birth mark!"

Everyone sighed after the nurses left. "That close" "Are you sure she didn't see any birth mark?" Foluke asked, "Mama check her back very well" "I've checked, there's nothing" Mama Orji answered and Fortunate sighed in relief again.

"Please bring my baby girl for me" she requested and gently passed the baby to Fortunate who smiled.

"Hey dear, it's mummy. She's so pretty and fragile" she announced looking at everyone then her gaze fell back on her baby. "Welcome to the world, mummy and Daddy loves you so much" she confessed and Mide sat on the bed with her while she stretched her neck to take a first peek at her son.

"Baby they have your face"

"Babies don't have any face until a month later. You think they look like you, wait till they're five months then they start to look like even their grandfather"  Foluke noted and everyone chuckled out of experience.

"The only thing the baby carried our family complexion, the only thing they took from their father is their bald head" Mama Orji stated and everyone laughed.  Mama Orji removed her phone from her hand bag then she took a picture of Mide and Fortunate.

"Abeg let me take a self pics"

"It's called selfie oh" Dera corrected and Lady Adebimpe joined in the picture. "Take one so I'll finally post them on my WhatsApp status. I didn't have just a grandchild, I had grand children"

"That's a good caption" Dera commented, "You think so?" She asked and Mama Orji took the picture while she spoke. "Omo see as we make sense" Mama Orji commented and Last Adebimpe moved closer to see the picture.

"Straight to my status"

"Ngozi, you can't possibly post that. I look horrible in it"

"Who said you were fine before, it's my natural beauty that made the picture stand out"

"Seriously? Are we going to go there?" She asked and Mama Orji laughed. "There's no point arguing we can always take another one" Mide suggested.

"I'll take the picture" Dera smiled bringing out her phone and everyone gathered around the hospital bed.

"I'll still post the picture oh but don't worry, I will not tag you when I post it" Mama Orji raised her two fingers to signify peace while Lady Adebimpe smiled at the camera, "You better not tag me"

"Are we talking about Facebook or Whatsapp here cause I'm confused? No one tags on WhatsApp"

"Take the picture ojare! It's only social media that you know, common 300 in jamb you cannot get"

"278 is more than enough"

"Shut up and take the picture jhoor, my hand is paining me. I've been doing peace since morning" she complaining still lifting two of her fingers up.

"My smile is turning fake" Lady Adebimpe said through a gritted teeth and Fortunate tried not to laugh, "I still have to breast feed my baby, my breast is on fire"

"Awwn, this position is nice. Say cheese everyone"

"Take the picture!" Her mother yelled and Dera snapped it only to see insufficient space on the phone. "Let's see the picture" Mama Orji said and Dera scratched her hair, "It didn't.... It didn't save, I don't have space..... let me delete somethings out." She struggled to say, "Can we start again?" She asked and Mama Orji hissed.

"I'm still posting the other one"

It's a wrap for Laipe (Very soon)😂🤣

It was a beautiful journey thanks to you all!!!!😘😘😘

Peace out✌️