💖Chapter 7💖

Chapter 7

Fortunate got out of the Keke, then she glanced at the scratch. She hated being in position like this.
Gbenga got out looking at the scratch. "My madam go kill me"

"I being dey try trafficate with my hands say make you shift go side small so I fit get enough space to reverse?" She explained and Mrs Adebimpe got out angrily.

"What's your explanation for this rubbish?"

"I'm sorry, It's not my fault. I signalled your driver but he obviously didn't get my signals"

"Are you trying to blame my driver for your carelessness? Do you know how many years he's been driving?"

"Madam..." Gbenga chipped in and Adebimpe requested for his immediate silence and he immediately went back to the car.
"You just scratched my car"

"And I'm sorry and I'll take responsibility for it"

"What's going on?" Mide interrupted glancing at Fortunate whom he remembered as the lady who called him back to give him the tracts he intentionally threw away.

He his wandered off to his mother who then let out a loud hiss.

"This careless girl just scratched my  car." She reported and Mide glanced at it.

"Mom it's just a scratch, stop trying to make this look like a big deal"

"Thank God! Someone sees in the same light as I do"

"When Gbenga told me she'll be driving the tricycle out, I had my doubts, I mean being a woman? But I can clearly see you're clueless as I thought"

Fortunate scoffed at her sexist remark, "Okay Ma, I've had enough of your insults! Kilode gan? Ah han? Are you the only one that can spit fire? Because I'm even begging you, it's even feeding your ego the more. Is it not just a scratch? I even volunteered to pay for damages and you're here doing as if you're the first and last person to have a car"

"Oh keep that filthy money to yourself and maybe pay for home training class cause it's obvious pe o'o ni home training! (It's obvious you don't have home training) and I can't believe you just said it's just a scratch. Have you ever rode in a car in your entire life?" She asked and Fortunate scoffed.

"Mom that wasn't necessary"

"If I wanted to have a car I would have had it since! Madam don't  think you have it all because you have a driver and a car. What are you feeling like sef? It's not even a good car"

"Have your father ever driven in this kind of car before?"

"Don't even involve my father in this cause I'm pretty sure he started driving even before you dreamt of having a car! Besides, aren't you supposed to be an old woman? I thought being old age usually comes with wisdom but I've just been proven wrong today."

"How dare you insult me? Do you know who I am? Ayomide, are you going to fold your hands and watch this common girl insult me"

"I'm not a common girl and even if you were the President's wife, I'll still speak to you this way, you know why? Because you're one rude and arrogant woman!"

"Okay that's enough" Mide raised his hands walking into their midst.

"That's my mother you're talking to"

"Are you going to beat me up for it?"

"No! Just control your speech and give her some respect"

"Respect is a reciprocal! If she had shown a little respect to me, maybe I would have shown her back that same respect!