💖 Chapter 19💖

Chapter 19

"Who is it you talk to?" Dera inquired and Fortunate sighed. "Ebun" "What?" Dera shivered on hearing her sister call Ebun's name.

"Are you joking right now, you have to be joking"

"It's complicated. I'm linked to Ebun and I'm supposed to get continue her purpose. It was a stupid promise I made when I was five and since she's an Ogbanje the words became my essence and now I have to get married to Mide but I obviously don't want to"

"So she wants to force you totally get married to him. I thought Nollywood always exaggerate these things. Does she wear white gown and cotton wools in her nose?" She asked and Fortunate scoffed, of all questions!

"No."

"So whenever they turn to ghost they usually remove the cotton wool. So the cotton wool is not even convenient for them after death" Dera thought out loud and Fortunate laughed.

"That guy is handsome oh, why don't you like him?"

"It's not that.... The guy is rude. He's annoying"

"Is she here right now?"

"No"

She sat on the bed letting out a sigh, "See as I'm having goose pimples. Jesus! Oh my God! It's scary oh"

Kike finally picked up Bisola's call, she hoped to God Bisola called to say something meaningful and not to chastised her over what happened between her and Fortunate the previous day.

"Why haven't you been picking my calls?"

"I've been busy"

"Lies, you're lying! Oniro oshi (liar)"

"Ha han, what's the insults for?"

"I heard what you did to Fortunate now"

"Pele oh (Sorry oh), I thought you had something better to say" She snapped ending the call.

"Girl yi ti ya were sha (This girl has gone mad)" Bisola said looking at her phone. She once again our a call through to Kike but she didn't pick up.

In Orji's former room, Mercy sat with her legs crossed she was on a call with a friend from Enugu. "I dey him house now, I just dey inside him room, I no want make him throwaway me from hotel. As him being dey carry face, naim I fear small oh. You know say Orji dey always craze sometimes"

"Na wa oh! But why will you tell his family that you're pregnant"

"Immediately I saw that white lady, I just losed control" she whispered in ibo then she stood up moving towards the door then she pressed the knob to make sure it was locked.

"Now that he's asking for pregnancy test, how will you do it?" "Who will do pregnancy test? That was why I called my parents. They're coming to force Orji into getting married to me. I just hope it's my father that will come oh"

"What century do you think we're in?"

"This thing is by force oh, my father will see that this happens or else ehn! Pepper no go rest"

"You're taking this thing more than you should oh"

"Abeg abeg! No just carry your own affect me abeg!" She snapped then she hung up letting out a loud hiss.
She heard a knock on the door then she rushed to open it. She found Mama Orji in her night gown with a wrapper tied over it.

"You still dey sleep"

"Mama I'm traumatized. Orji has hurt my feelings"

"Ehya. What would you like to eat? Will you like to eat coconut rice?" She asked ans Mercy smiled. "Yes Ma'am, you'll put plenty onions in it. I like my onions raw"