💖 Chapter 21💖

Chapter 21

Sunday.....

6:30 a.m

Taye watched Mide lift a dumbell in both hands in an upward and downward motion. Then he moved away immediately putting a call through to Jimmy.

"Why are you calling so early in the morning?"

"Well I'm currently reporting from somewhere that's starting to look like a psychiatric hospital." "I don't get"

"Mide woke me up at about 5:30, 5: 30 or thereabouts and he requested that I open the Gym that he wants to use it, imagine, on a Sunday morning! Who does that? The first thing I asked myself was, is this guy in his right senses sha but now..." He returned his gaze back at Mide, Make we no carry this matter play at all. This is a serious issue, Mide needs to see a specialist"

"I hope you're not saying it in front of him. You'll just get him pissed off"

"I'm not"

"Mide is just going through a process and I know he'll get past it"

"Are you sure?"

"I don't know. I'm not omniscient neither am I God, let me just go back to sleep"

"Won't you go to church? This is 6 thirty something"

"Because Mide dragged your ass out of bed doesn't mean you have to drag mine too. Dude let me just closer my damn eyes and just sleep small"

"You get the number of the Babe wey him former babe being suggest... I mean the girl that managed to talk him into taking his bathe"

"I don't but my wife does, why are you interested in it?"

"If you're not interested in this intervention, fine. You don't have to get involved because I'm particularly interested in getting Mide back on track"

"I am too but he hates this girl, he doesn't even want to see her"

"Are you in or out?

"What's your plan?" 

Charlotte stopped by at Adeoye's house that morning. She smiled on seeing Gbenga after the security let her in. "Morning Gbeng-air" Charlotte greeted still pronouncing the never wrongly. "Oyinbo, the way you dey call my name ehn, kani pe you fit to pronounce am very well ehn. E for sweet for your mouth"

"I'm trying here Gbeng-air"

"You did not try this time. Just say Gbenga"

"Okay" Charlotte sighed.

"Gbega" she pronounced and Gbenga exhaled in defeat, "Prince Mide don go gym if you dey find am"

Charlotte found Mide panting after dropping a dumbbell.  "Good morning"

"Good morning" he exhaled, "How..."
"Gbenga kind of told me. God you look horrible, your eyes are all swollen up, you didn't have enough sleep did you?"

"I didn't even have any sleep"

"Why?" She asked and he sank back into his shell.

"You're the only one here" Charlotte looked around,  "It's Sunday. Taye doesn't open on Sundays. It was a special request. What are you doing here?"

"I needed someone to talk to apparently. I don't even know why I bother trying to talk to you when you're also hopeless and you badly need someone to talk to you" she snapped and Mide busted into laughter.