💖Chapter 35💖

Chapter 35

Mrs Akintoye watched her son closely for a while. Durojaiye sat on the floor in his sitting room, he lifted a bottle of liquor then he drank from it. "Durojaiye!" She warned, "I just want to drown away my guilt"

"Then you'll wake up with to two problems, a bloody hangover and your problem still, it doesn't take the problem away. I know that and you  should know that more than anyone!"

"God help me!" He explained, "Amen dear. You know what? I'm curious, who is she?" She asked sitting on the table in front of him.

"Tinuke"

"What? Tinuke, Jimmy's sister. Jimmy will kill you"

"I know."

"But I don't mind" she chuckled to herself, "Who thought I'll ever grow to see the my son finally falls in love with a lady." She stated she Durojaiye laughed.

"So i guess your bad boy days are over then"

"Yes they are. If Jimmy doesn't kill me first"

"What are you going to do? Are you going to tell her about this or not?"

"I don't know. I really don't know"

Lady Adebimpe got out of the bathroom in her robe. It was her fifth time bathing since she got back that day. "How many times will you bathe?" Her husband asked and she pouted her lips. "A thousand times! I still smell like road side gutter! She ruined my wig and my dress! I've never met anyone so savage!" She said over a cracked voice.

"Can you explain word for word what happened? See, I don't want to start supporting who I shouldn't. Anikan dajo, o o seun; anikan dajo o o seeyan. Nigbati o o gbo t'enu enikeji, emi l'o dajo se? [Listen to the two parties before adjudicating in a dispute)" "Don't quote stupid Proverbs!" 

"Mo n powe osi abi? Oko e(So I'm quoting stupid proverbs shey?Your own husband)"

"Oko mi, I'm sorry, that wasn't what I meant. You should always support your wife! Have you suddenly forgotten our wedding vows"

"I don't recall any part that stated that I should support every mistake that my wife makes or the part that states that I should put my hands on a blade for her"

Lady Adebimpe gasped, "To love and to cherish till death! Love entails support, you should support me even when I'm wrong." "Love also entails rebuking you when you're wrong. You intentions for going to that were definitely not pure so I obviously can't take sides in this kind of situation. I need to hear the full story"

Lady Adebimpe sat on the bed then she busted into tears. "Mide is making a big mistake and I don't think I have the stamina for all these. I don't think I do"

Mama Orji entered into the room holding a Torchlight since there was no electricity supply that evening. She wore a peach long night gown with a wrapper tied across her chest. "I don lock all the doors oh. Fortunate say she no go come back this night, e be like say she don follow Mide go hotel, I no know where them wan go do business" 

She sat in bed with her husband who was reading his Bible with a bigger lamp was on the dresser table then she turned off the Torchlight dropping it on the bed.

Papa Orji was listening to her but he didn't feel like making comments on what she said and she noticed. He hasn't said much to her since Mrs Akintoye left. She knew she wouldn't have a sound sleep if her husband doesn't speak to her before she goes to bed.