💖Chapter 39💖

Chapter 39

Charlotte and Orji walked into the house and Mrs Thorne followed too.   "Good day to you Ma" Papa Orji greeted with a smile and she returned the smile back.

"Good day" she replied observing the house and Dera laughed walking towards her. "I'm guessing you've not seen a typical regular ibo family house, if you've seen one, you'll understand why my parents made their homes look this conventional. My name is Dera, I'm the last child of the Okpara family.. It's nice to meet you Ma" she said then she hugged her. "You're the second white woman I've hugged and I'm do excited cause I know I'll hug more before the wedding" she added and Orji rolled his eyes at her reaction.

"Mama, Papa" Charlotte called out, "Meet my mother, her name is Sara Thorne. Mom, meet Orji's parents, they've welcomed me into their homes and I've learnt a lot of life lessons from them"

"Charlotte told me she's cooking local delicacies"

"Yes Ma and she's a fast learner. You raised a good woman with a good soul." Mama Orji replied and Mrs Thorne got all emotional. "I didn't even realized it till today. Thank you all for inviting my daughter into your home. I can right leave now, knowing she's in safe hands. Her father is going to be so proud of her"

"Are we getting paid to stand? Please let's have our seat and discuss better" Mama Orji requested,  "What will you like us to offer you Ma?"

"My day was swell!" Charlotte replied leaning against Mide's pillow. "To think that I just had myself a pre-introduction." "When's the wedding going to be?"

"Sooner than you think. Orji is already making calculations. I'm having my dream wedding and I wish Ebun was here to see it" she said unconsciously then she shut her eyes on realizing it.

She took one glance at Mide's sad face then she apologized for reminding him. "I'm sorry I said that," "You're right" Mide nodded. "Ebun would have really loved to be here to show you all the support"
"I'm here already" Ebun appeared sitting in between them. "She would have been my Chief's bride and she would have started making a list of wedding to do list" Charlotte exhaled wiping some tears off.

"Seriously Charlotte?" Ebun asked, "You're supposed to make him forget, not...." She turned towards Mide then he saw him bow him head. "Oh great! He's going down memory lane"

"Remember movie nights?" Mide asked and Charlotte laughed. "Ebun will always sit in the middle or stay in the middle even if it meant squeezing her way in" he answered and Charlotte laughed.

"That's a lie!" Ebun snapped then looked at where she was sitting then she laughed
.
"I'm so sorry I'm taking you down memory lane" Charlotte apologized and he laughed softly. "It's okay, I think of it most times. Fortunate keeps me preoccupied"

"Ouch"

"In a good way, it's just...."
"You haven't been able to get over Ebun"

"Ebun's stucked and it's my fault because I can't reciprocate the same love Fortunate feels for me"

"Stucked like how?"

"Ebun will be leaving soon, I thought you knew. You practically live with Fortunate"

"Ebun left already"

"Oh boy, here comes the explanation"

"You're not aware that Fortunate sees Ebun are you?"

"No. She does? You mean like Whoopi Goldberg saw Patrick swayze in the ghost" "Yes.. like that"

"Oh my God! Fortunate is such a horrible person. There are so much I would have liked to ask Ebun" "Knowing Fortunate, I'm sure that's why she didn't tell you." Mide laughed, "She hates the whole question and answer moment. I've had my share"