💖Chapter 34💖

Chapter 34

"Oh my God!" Lady Adebimpe gasped. Her eyes ran through her white gown the were not soaked in water. The stink from the melon water filled her nose, the odour emitting from it was like ones of those from roadside gutter.

She turned towards Gbenga then she screamed, "Can't you do something" "Ah Madam! Kini ki n se? (What do you want me to do?)" He turned towards Mama Orji who hissed at him, "You've just declared war" Lady Adebimpe announced. "Let there be war, I'm prepared to fight it any day. Make una wait here oh, make una continue to wait, let me go and bring another surprise package" Mama Orji said replied leaving. Dera looked up at Charlotte who leaned on the who saw the whole thing happen.

"Una still dey stand?" Rasaki asked and Lady Adebimpe quickly ran into the car with Gbenga who drove off speedily.

Mama Orji came out afterwards climbing down the stairs with nothing in her hands then she hissed again, "Them for wait now!"

"Mom just turned this into a patience uzorkwo movie" Dera muttered rolling her eyes. "I no even understand this kain family sef? Na only una pikin dey? Which kain life?"

"Mama, the woman you're fighting with has gone now" Dera complained.  "Kpuchie onu! (Shut your mouth) What do you know?"

"Pouring that water on her was a bit over board na, don't you think?"

"Didn't you hear what she was saying?"

"My point is, Sister Fortunate is dating her son and if they want to do it like Aunty Nike and Brother Makin's wedding, that woman you've just poured water on will definitely be our in-law"

"It's only me that understand why I poured the water. Let them bring war, bring it! They'll understand what it means for there to be fire on the mountain without fuel or paper. Nonsense!" She squeezed her lips then returned back to the melon seed.

Mrs Akintoye walked into Debo's room to find him seated in front of his computer intently focused on the game in front of him. "Good morning Mom" he moved his shoulder in the direction of the game without glancing at his mother. "Good morning dear" she replied.

"Have you had breakfast?"

"Yes"

"Okay...." She walked away then she went back in. "Can we talk?" "Mom not now"

"Now. I need us to talk now, like now. It's necessary"

"I'm kind of busy"

"Adebowale Ayoola Stephen  Akintoye, we need to talk now!"

"Jesus! I haven't heard you call my full name in a very long time." His heart jumped in fear then he dropped the game pads. "Am I in trouble? What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing. I just want to talk, will it kill you to listen?"

"You don't always talk to us, infact we haven't had breakfast, lunch or dinner where we talk in a very long time"

"Because you guys don't listen to me. E kin gboran! You guys treat me like trash but I don't blame you for it, your father also treats me like trash too"

"You're not trash Mom," Debo rose up, "I'm sorry. Is this about what happened yesterday? The fact that I invited Dera over, nothing happened okay? If you didn't agree with her coming over, you could have said something when I mentioned it to you"

"Like I said to Durojaiye and Dehinde but it didn't stop them from bringing their chicks in. I guess over the years, you complain so much that you get tired of it" She sat on the bed and Debo joined her too then he sighed.