💖Chapter 9💖

Chapter 9

After being informed of what had happened, Ayomide scurried into the hospital room in anxiety.  He quickly took a seat on the bed placing his palm against Ebun's cheeks.

He gazed worriedly at her.

"My love, are you okay? How do you feel?"

"I'm fine"

"Your mom said you had nose bleed"

"Yes I did and now I'm fine" she turned towards her mother as though blaming her for not being diplomatic about the information.

"How do you feel?"

"The next person to ask me that what will definitely get it good from me? I said I'm fine! It's one thing to be dying and another thing for you guys to make me feel pathetic about it!" She snapped and Mide stood up.

"I'm sorry but you guys need to stop worrying about me." She added and Fortunate walked In.

Ebun and her Mom smiled on seeing her.

Her gaze fell on Mide then she scoffed in displeasure, "You?" She pointed and Mide pointed at her too.

"What's she doing here?"

"You two...." Ebun trailed off, "How?"

"She's the lady who scratched mom's car"

"Oh please! Don't make it sound like it was my fault. It wasn't my fault, if your driver was good enough"

"Oh like you're a good driver yourself" Mide snapped then he clapped his hands, "And the award for best driver goes to... This fair rude woman before me"

"She has a name and she's not rude!"

"And this guy doesn't care what your name is. All I know is that you're the bad driver who scratched my mother's car and was very much unapologetic about it, period!"

"Unapologetic?"

"I'm not in the mood to have this conversation with you"

"Oh you are mister!" She retorted then she turned towards Ebun, "This guy didn't even see what happened between his mom and I," she turned her gaze back at Mide.

"Your mother is the rude one, period!"

"You see!" He pointed at her.

"You see her again? She's still insulting my mother and she called me bald" Mide sat back on the bed holding Ebun's hands.

"Na that one pain you? Oga you are bald, I don't see any hair on that head oh"

"This is a specific hairstyle that I'm used to"

"He even had the guts to call it an hairstyle, Where's the hair or the style?"

"Okay!" Ebun snapped.

"What's the beef between the two of you all about? I really don't understand"

"She needs to apologize for her insults. You just heard her insult my hair"

"You head... You don't have hair" Fortunate corrected and Mide glowered at her.
"Baby I love your hair that way" Ebun complimented with a smile and he kissed the back of her palm.

Then Mide brought out his tongue out in mockery at Fortunate. Ebun had to restrain herself from laughing. It's not every day she gets to see Mide act like a child.

Fortunate hissed inaudibly.

Mide's face then cringe in irritation, "What's she even doing here? Visiting should be limited to friends and family right?"