💖Chapter 13💖

Chapter 13

Fortunate sat in a bus heading to Ife then she shut her eyes in what seemed like regret. She just cancelled a meeting that could have been the opportunity she was looking for or what was supposed to help her build her career.

She jolted out of her thoughts after a guy who sat beside her brought her attention to her phone which was still ringing loudly from her handbag. The phone stopped ringing then she removed it from the bag.

She had just missed a call from Charles; How was she going to let him know she already made other plans?

The phone rang again and she summoned up courage to talk to him. "Hey Charles?" "So I really don't want to screw up and I'm asking for some kind of exposé. What are your likes and dislikes?"

On a normal circumstance, she would have flirted a little using words like, 'Surprise me'.  In this case she was lost for words to use, she shut her eyes and all Charles could hear was heavy breathing from her.

"You're cancelling aren't you?"

"Something came up, something beyond me. I'm sorry, I can explain but"

"It's okay. It was nice meeting you Fortunate Miracle" he answered then he ended the call.

Fortunate busted into tears.

"So all the while you were talking to yourself and you didn't know" Femi laughed and he hissed. He didn't like the fact it sounded like his nest friend was making mockery of him.

"This is not funny"

"What's not funny is my wife planning to host a program with an exorbitant expenses and it's literally shaking our joint account." He sighed then he chuckled softly.

"You like to laugh about everything, that's my problem with you"

"Laughter is the best medicine Mide, it keeps us young. Laugh a little"

"Are you being serious right now? " He raised his voice, he was beginning to doubt if his best friend had any idea of the situation on ground or if he really cared about any of it.

"Okay calm down. Dude, I share in your pain but what else can be done about this matter cause,  ti o ba fẹ ki n so totọ pẹlu rẹ (If you want me to be honest with you), your fiance is doomed. You said it yourself, the Ifa couldn't do anything"

"I don't know what to do mehn and Ebun keeps on joking about it like it's funny"

"Kini o fẹ ki oun naa ṣe? ("What else do you want her to do?). Your girlfriend is trying to be strong and I commend her for it. It's too bad she has to go like that" he sipped a drink.

"Don't say that."

Jimmy gulped.

"Guy, you just gotta face this sooner or later cause if you don't accept it, it will crush and you i know you. Once something don do you like this, you go just craze! Like Tokunbo's case"

"Don't call her name"

"Her own case was better, you travelled to America and you met Ebun and she made you forget about her but who will make you forget about Ebun? The only person they suggested. You clearly hate the girl so... It all balls down to you mehn"

"I'd rather remain single for a long time than be with someone so...." He trailed off. "Is the girl ugly?" He asked and Mide looked away.
"Apart from that incidence your mom, there has to be a reason you don't like her"  "I hate her guts, I hate her arrogance and they fact she doesn't like me makes me even hate her the more"