💖 Chapter 29💖

Chapter 29

"That is all the bags of sourvenir" Funke announced as Joke, Sobifa, Dami and Fortunate packed it into the store room. "Why did we even agree to pack this thing when we have guys with muscles?" Joke asked and Sobifa chuckled.

"Same thing I was wondering oh"

"Have you guys seen my mother anywhere?" Fortunate asked and Funke shook her head.

"Since that time we all saw her go after Mummy Durojaiye, I don't think I've seen her since then" she answered slowly and Joke rolled her eyes.

"Sister mi, try and talk fast, you are not a stammerer. Haba, before someone will die because of you're trying to answer question"

Fortunate went out of the room, in search of her mother she bumped into Durojaiye. "Have you seen my mom?" "Not since she left with Mom.  have you called her?"

"She left her phone with Funke" she answered then she sighted Makin with Mide talking then she amd Durojaiye walked up to them. "Have you seen my mother" "No"  Mide answered, "Who's talking to this one?" She snapped and Durojaiye laughed.

"What's making this one laugh?" Mide snapped and he cleared his throat. "Guy behave now" Makin gave Durojaiye a look.

"Well I haven't, not since she left with my Aunt. Have you tried calling her?"

"She left her phone with Funke"
"We can check her room" Mide suggested, "No one asked for your opinion Mide"

"We could check her room" Durojaiye suggested and Fortunate gave a nod then he winked at Mide and he clenched his fist.

Mrs Akintoye washed her hands in the toilet sink then she washed her face looking into the mirror as drops of water cascaded down to the Ankara gown she wore. The scenario that played out earlier on replayed in head and she let out a hiss.   "What kind of person are you Sharon?" She muttered to herself then she pulled down a towel from the door wiping off the water from her face. Then she looked at her wrist watch, she had been gone for thirty minutes already.

"I think it's time to go back to that cabin"

Meanwhile Fortunate walked with Durojaiye towards his mother's room in search for her mother. "Mama!" She called out, "The last time we saw her was when she followed Mummy Durojaiye so she should be with her" Funke explained for the fifth time.

"Mom is not even picking up her phone" Durojaiye dropped her phone, "And your Mom's phone is in this her bag"  Funke noted now looking at Fortunate then she hissed. "The last time we saw her, she left with Mummy Durojaiye" she repeated again and Durojaiye rolled his eyes.

"You're repeating it again!" He exclaimed, only hearing her repeat it twice.

"If not that she's my senior sister, I know what I would have done" Joke whispered to Sobifa who was following them behind. 

"There's no need to fret, she'll definitely be in the house somewhere" Mide who was also behind her guessed,  "Shut up!" Fortunate snapped at him out of reflex.

Joke, Sobifa who were still discussing kept quiet. The situation didn't warrant the response she gave, this had everyone wondering why she reacted that way.

Makin and Mide shared a look, of course they both knew the reason why she reacted that way. Durojaiye cleared his throat. "I think Mide is right, if the bus is still outside, then she hasn't gone out. The house is big; maybe she got lost" he explained and Fortunate exhaled.

This made Mide angrier!

Everyone watched Mrs Akintoye come out of the room walk in her Ankara free gown. She suddenly felt weird, perhaps they were staring at her because of what her sister uttered a hour ago.