💖Chapter 3💖

CHAPTER THREE

While Dr Peters lectured his students on the philosophy of human existence in one of the halls in the University of Lagos; his phone vibrated in the right pocket of his brown jacket.

He brought it out looking at the caller ID. It was his future son-in-law, Mide.

He apologized to the students before picking up the call.

"You'll have to call back, I'm in a class"

"Wait Sir" He interrupted, "It's Important, I don't know what happened to Ebun, she just fainted" Mide informed to his interest.

"Over there at Atlanta?"

"No Sir, we're in Nigeria"

"Don't tell me you're in Osun state" he asked his voice sounding cold and thicker.

"Sir... We're in Ife" Mide answered to lessen his wrath; knowing fully well Ebun was supposed to stay away from Osun state.

Dr. Peters shut his eyes, "What have you done?"

Fortunate was invited to speak to listeners in a program an old friend of hers, Tina Adereti. She has been fasting for thirteen days now.

The invitation was of a short notice but being the motivational speaker that she was, she could do anything with any topic being given to her.

Motivational speakers never run out of things to say. It comes with the job description!

In an event Hall in Lekki, Fortunate stood in front of a crowd who had gathered to listen to her speak on the cliche title, "Starting Small".
"It's not your first time hearing this topic but there is a need to lay bemore emphasis on it. Let's learn to start small in life, it's not a crime." she began, "Even the Bible noted, do not despise the days of little beginning. I started small, of course I'm still a small girl. I haven't gone far yet" she added in all modesty.
Those who knew her well raised their nose and murmured in disbelief.
"I'm just a small girl with a big God sha" she chipped in and everyone chuckled.
"I'm not going to be like those motivational speaker who will say things like, with a hundred naira you can start up a business. I love being realistic in the way I approach life issues. Let me brief you about the story of my small beginning. I was a nurse, it wasn't my passion, it was just something I did because my mom wanted me to study medicine but being a nurse  was close so, what the hell? I  settled for it but I wasn't comfortable with it. It's not a bad thing to be a settler, just don't be too comfortable with settling for little things. If you're comfortable with your small beginning, you'll remain small for a very long time" she paused and the crowd busted into a round of applause.
"I studied microbiology and I went to nursing school. At a point in time I realized that tending to sick patients wasn't all I wanted for my life, I realized I wanted more. One day I resigned for work and I started to look out for better opportunities. I entered into a Keke where I had this talk with this very nice Keke driver and I started having ideas and there it hit me. I was never a spendthrift so I had a lot of savings and I loaned money to get a new Tricycle because I saw what I wanted, I saw myself accomplishing much more that was how Fortunate Miracle got her success story" she poked the surface of the wooden podium and everyone clapped as though they haven't heard the story before.
She has repeated it more times than she could count!

Her phone vibrated on the podium and she took a quick glance at the caller, it was her father. She had to restrain herself from rolling her eyes.

She returned her gaze back to her audience. "I was one of the few female Keke driver that year, at first people looked down on me, because of the whole male superiority ideology. But I made them realized as the feminist that I am that what they think men can do? Women can do it ten time better" I stomped my palm once again upon the podium and women present clapped and cheered.