Chapter Twenty-One

"Is it too casual?" I inquired everyone nervously and start fidgeting with the hem of my sweater.

"Ashley for the last time, it's perfect." Mom rolled her eyes at me but I can see the faint, amused smile on her face.

"But do you think, I should wear some dress?" I asked her and start stroking my hair for the thousandth time.

"Didn't you say that Zack told you to wear something casual and comfortable?" Kate piped in and swats my hand when I start to mess up everything.

"Yes, but what if-" Grandma cut me off and forcefully made me sit on the couch in the living room.

"No ifs, no buts Ashley. You have nothing to be nervous about because the main ingredient in this condition is..." She trailed off to increase the drama in this situation. Her eyes were narrowed and I felt like I was getting a motivational speech for a war. ".....confidence. You have to control your jittery nerves and let him woo you. I mean, I still remember the time Mike Hamilton charmed my pants off-" Mom cut off grandma when we started screaming due to her inappropriate stories.

"Mom, don't scare these innocent girls." Mom grumbled and pulled my hands away from my years. "You look beautiful, sweetie. Your dad would be so happy to see you like this and......so happy to scare Zack with his duplicate rifle too." Mom said with a small but genuine smile.

I nodded and ducked my head quickly to keep the memories of him at bay.
I don't want to cry by thinking about him too much.

Today is Sunday...and my first official date with Zack. I start panicking when he informed me to wear something warm and casual yesterday morning because it took me three days to pick my previous outfit. Eventually, after trying hundreds of clothes my friends helped me to pick; off shoulder blood-red sweater (with 2/3 length sleeves) to pair it with dark brown skinny jeans but...I just couldn't give up the heels when they suggested that sneakers will look good with my outfit.

We were groaning in protest because my grandma just wouldn't stop talking about her wildest first dates when the sound of the doorbell stopped everyone.

Don't panic, just don't panic.

I was panting by the time Zack entered inside the living room, looking as gorgeous as ever. He's wearing his signature brown jacket and black jeans. His black hairs are ruffled with perfection but the cutest things are....his rosy cheeks and red nose.

I have a sudden urge to warm him with my lips.

maybe I should warm him all over-

But my inappropriate thoughts halted when I see Raine running towards me. She hugged my legs and then gave me a toothy grin after pulling away.

"You look beautifur," my heart melted after hearing her compliment.

"Thank you, princess," I kneeled in front of her and replied with my hand over my heart.

She kissed my cheek and trudged towards my mom.

"I absolutely agree with her." Zack's words made me blush and I give him a shy smile in return.

"You look beautiful too," I said and bit my lip hard when he starts complaining.

He hates whenever I call him beautiful because according to him - it's not manly enough.

He was about to say something when Jina cut him off. "Zack bring our little girl home before midnight and Kate make sure he doesn't have a closet in his jeep." Kate starts laughing after hearing this but everyone else just looks confused.

Both, Zack and I turned beetroot red after hearing Jina. We bid our goodbyes before anyone can ask about the closet and rushed towards Zack's jeep. It's only 6 so I don't even have an idea about the kind of date, we are going to have.