Chapter Thirty-Five

"Achoo." I let out a small sneeze. I'm so sick.

"Move." I did as he says and make a space for him to sit.

He was holding a bowl of chicken soup.

"Don't wanna eat anything," I scrunch my nose in distaste. My throat feels gritty and no matter what I eat, it tastes sour.

"Come on, don't be a baby. It'll help." His stern voice made me pout. I reluctantly open my mouth when he held a spoon full of soup for me.

It tastes weird. "Who made this?" I asked him with a grim look.

"Your mom," he replied and then continue.

Oh! That explains it. She has a habit of giving me Nyquil with something edible behind my back. Clever women.

After feeding me, Zack put the plate on the bedside table and then lift his hand to check my temperature. "You are burning up." He murmured more to himself than me.

"Yeah, I figured." I retort to lighten the mood but he doesn't laugh.

Tough crowd!

I silently observe him pulling the blanket away from my body. What is he doing? Does he want to kill me by freezing me to death?

My eyes widen and I instantly jerked backwards as he made a move to curl his hand around my body. "No, Don't come near me. You'll catch whatever I have." I squeaked.

"Oh, shush!" He didn't listen (Yeah nothing new) and pulled me on top of him.

My body was not in favour of protesting so I let him.

I relaxed after a minute and eventually melt into his embrace, burying my face in the crook of his neck. Hmm. He is so warm. I don't feel cold anymore.

"I don't want you to get sick because of me. You have a match tomorrow." I murmur against his skin, instantly feeling better due to his scent.

"I don't care." He kissed my forehead before wrapping a blanket around us again. "You are more important than a match."

I bit my lip to prevent smiling like a loon but it didn't work. Damn his cheesy lines!

"Are you comfortable now?" He asked after a few minutes of silence.

Are you kidding me? I haven't been this comfortable in my entire life.

In response, I just placed my head above his heart and then closed my eyes.

Teasing but the soothing movement of his hand on my waist, the feel of his breath on my forehead and the sound of his regular heartbeat made me dizzy immediately.

I woke up with a broad smile on my face. Now, I feel much better. No headache, no sore throat, no tiredness.

All thanks to him. Well, technically not him but.....it does help.

I lift my head to thank him for staying with me but no one was there. Where is he?

I quickly pulled myself up and look around to get a glimpse but the room was empty.

He must be downstairs-

My heart fell when everything from Friday night starts to rush back.

He is not here. It was just a dream. You weren't sick, he wasn't there to take care of you.