Chapter Five

I despise a lot of things in this world like walking, sports, exercising, people eating my food, pandas - oh I truly loathe pandas, girls who always ogle Zack *bloodthirsty growl escapes my lips* I should honestly tone down this possessiveness. But the thing I hate most is definitely...Mondays.

If someday I'll have the honour of becoming the president of this country, I will remove Mondays from the calendar...........and Tuesdays........and Wednesdays, Thursdays and....... Oh! Oh! Fridays too.

But even though I hate most of the Mondays this one is particularly the worst. I feel like a pregnant zombie with a hangover. There is a slight headache because I didn't get a lot of sleep last night due to the bomb Derik dropped on me.

I was in dreamland when everyone came upstairs last night and woke me up. They were still talking about the same matter.

Less talking more like guessing...

Guess the mother!

They revealed another big secret about Zack - which I wasn't expecting.

THAT ZACK TURNED INTO A FRESH LEAF!

I was in shock for two minutes and then starts laughing at them like a maniac. Yeah, and Cruella loved Dalmatians. Can you believe these ninnies? But they didn't look amused. And when I began to recall my recent conversations with him - I realised that indeed he is a better person now?

I mean he's still a jerk but he looks friendly nowadays instead of scowling, moody guy he used to be two years ago. And the fact that he's actively trying to talk to me in classes or during lunch changed my behaviour towards him too. I'm not always snapping at him anymore...only sometimes. No one can really stay mad when the person in front of you is being friendly. But there was another big reason for my lack of sleep.

Which was honest to god infuriating.

Derik informed us that Zack quit the basketball team months ago because he was getting harassed by his teammates.

This was shock number two - the Zack I remember used to harass people and not the other way around. But after looking at our doubtful expressions Derik gave a detailed description of some incidents. Which turned the environment of my room to complete 180.

Like one time Zack's teammates took his clothes and towel when he was in the gym shower so he can't go outside. He had to stay in school till night time. Or when his teammates broke into his locker and ruined his homework and books. But the worst was.....when Zack was tied up and beaten by them.

I was beyond furious after hearing this and blabbed for fifteen minutes straight. Why did they do something so horrible?

I know Zack was a bully and he did many bad things in the past but he never stooped this low. So, it was perfectly reasonable that I didn't get any sleep last night. The image of his bruised face behind my closed eyelids was enough to blow my pan off.

"Does it hurt that bad?" Mom asked with a frown.

I was so deep in thoughts that her voice startled me. I give her a confused look after hearing her question. What is she talking about?

"Your periods?" She stated like it's the most obvious thing.

"Mom!" I covered my face with both hands and groaned. "I'm not on my periods."

"So why aren't you eating your breakfast?" She raised her brow as if challenging me.

"Because... I just have a lot in my mind right now." I rolled my eyes at her and then ducked my head.