Chapter Fifteen

I wake up when I felt some movement beside me. I didn't want to open my eyes so I ignore it at first and try to go back to sleep, but my eyes shoot open when I realise that I'm not alone in my bed. I slowly turn to face the person whose hand is draped around my waist possessively.

Zack.

Oh my god!

I was about to go into a panic mode but I relaxed when the memories of last night start flooding my mind.

So I wasn't dreaming all of that?

I immediately start blushing when I remember all the things we did before we go to sleep. I don't think I can go back to the way we were after last night. It's like after kissing him everything I felt for him intensified.

His black hairs are covering his forehead and he had a small smile playing on his slightly parted lips.

He looked so peaceful and cute right now. I had a sudden urge to kiss him all over his face but I stopped myself because first I need to confirm that we are on the same page.

I shouldn't do anything else before talking to him.

Oh, fuck it!

I kissed him lightly on the lips and giggled when he unconsciously puckered his lips in response to catch mine again. He tightens his hold on my waist after a few seconds and I snuggled closer to him. I whispered 'good morning' in his ear to wake him up but he didn't budge so I decided to let him sleep.

When my phone starts ringing for what feels like the tenth time this morning, I carefully lift Zack's hand to answer the phone.

I looked at the screen and pick it up, "Hello."

"Ashley, why didn't you pick up your phone earlier?" Mom asked in a frantic tone.

"Mom I was sleeping," I told her quietly and get inside the bathroom so I wouldn't disturb Zack.

"I was so worried about you all night." She said with an exhausted sigh. "Ashley we should talk about all the things. I'm on my way to Zack's house right now and it will only take 10 minutes. So be ready because I want to clear everything up before I leave for work, ok?" She finished her sentence with a pleading voice and I felt a pang of guilt after hearing her tired voice.

I shouldn't have run like that.

"Ok mom, I will meet you at the front door. Bye," I replied and started fixing myself up after hanging up the phone. I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

last night was filled with many interesting events. First, the almost-kiss between Zack and me during the party; Second, I found out that my mom is dating Mr Almond and then - this.

My hair is looking like a birds nest as usual while the lipstick and eyeliner I put last night are all over my face.

I look like a clown.

How did Zack find in himself to kiss someone who looks like this?

But my thoughts got cut off when I see something on my neck.

Son of a biscuit!

Hickey!

Not hickey, Hickeys!

I put my hands over my face and groaned. If my mom sees this....I'll surely die from embarrassment. I didn't even realise he gave me a hickey until now. But an unconscious smile starts to play on my lips when I start tracing the marks with my fingers lightly. My eyes were twinkling like stars and even though I was looking like Zombie my skin was glowing - In short, I looked happy.