Chapter Thirty-Eight

4 months later (prom night)

I feel so close to you right now, it's a force field
I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal
Your love pours down on me surround me like a waterfall
And there's no stopping us right now, I feel so close to you right now.

Involuntarily, my hips start to sway at the beat.

"Wow, it looks so cool," words tumble out of my mouth as I see the decoration around the school hall.

The theme is Starry Night.

The hall is almost as dark as night due to the black curtains draped on the walls while the white lights on the ceiling and some fake snow on the ground making the surrounding more beautiful.

It was hard to choose a prom dress and even colour limitation didn't help so after looking for almost a week I finally found my perfect dress.

A white dress with a flowy, drapey georgette skirt and dreamy bodice featuring an illusion back and lace cluster over the waistline.

With a front spilt that exposes your leg as you move

With a front spilt that exposes your leg as you move. It looks more like a wedding dress than a prom one but whatever.....I liked it. I have silver earrings on to match with the dress and a hairpin which is made up of white beads.

All in all, I love my appearance right now.

Everyone had a choice to wear black or white but I can see most of the girls are wearing white while boys stick with a black tux.

"Yeah, it's a lot better than last year. You would have screamed due to the horror in front of you." Kate told me with a horrified look.

"It can't be that bad." I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration.

"It was worse. Fluffy pink everywhere." Jina replied with a shudder. "I won't be able to sleep tonight."

Fluffy pink? I shuddered too.

"And gooey green," Kate mumbled with a grim look.

Why does anyone in their right mind use pink and green for decoration?

"Princess here is your drink," Tyler offered the glass to Kate with a soft smile.

Damn these cute couples to hell!

Now I realised what it feels like to be in Kate's shoes when I used to be like this with Zack.

Used to be. Another stab.

I gloomy sigh escaped my lips before I can stop it.

"Hey guys, meet Emma." Derik piped in from behind us. We greeted Emma and she told us that she's is our junior.

Oh! I knew Derik was seeing someone but didn't know who till now.

Emma looks hot in her raven coloured fitted dress while Derik was wearing a white suit.