Chapter

Half an hour later we were in front of his apartment building.

I got out of the car with him and starts to walk towards the building. He was walking ahead of me. I couldn't help but feel a little scared. He still hasn't said that he forgives me.

But instead of asking anything I just silently followed him to the elevator. He pressed the button for the 5th floor.

We were standing in opposite corners. I'm tempted to close this space. It's been so long since I felt his lips on mine, his skin against mine. I can't wait anymore.

I peered at him through my eyelashes. His eyes were closed and there was a small smile on his face.

I would give anything to read his thoughts at the moment.

The ding sound of the lift snapped his eyes open. I quickly returned my gaze to my feet.

This time he grabbed my hand before getting out of the elevator.

I stared at our hand in awe. Even after two years, my skin tingles due to his touch.

I held his hand with all my might and silently promised something to myself. I'll never let it go or neither let him go. We have made a lot of mistakes in the past but not anymore. I have come to realise that I can't fight my feeling for him. It's impossible.

Only I know how hard it was for me to walk away from him but my heart refused to leave his sight. Even after two years, he has it.

I wasn't sure if I will be feeling the same passion and desire as I used to when we were close but all of my doubts vanished when I saw him today. I still feel everything.

It's like everything happened two days ago instead of two years.

A sudden halt brought me back to reality.

I look up from our joined hands. He was searching his pockets for the keys to his apartment. We didn't have to wait long because the next second the door flew open.

"Hey Zach," A redhead greeted him with a smile. My grip on his hand turned ironclad.

He must have felt it because he squeezed my hand once to reassure me. I relaxed a little.

It's hard to completely calm down until I know who is this girl or what's she doing in his apartment.

I know I have lost every right when I walked away years ago but I can't help but feel ugly jealousy.

"Hi, Bella." He smiled at her and then looked at me over his shoulder.

The girl followed his suit and the moment she saw me, her eyes went as big as saucers.

"Shit!" She breathed.

I glanced at Zach. He was smiling. What's going on?

"You are Ashley," if it was any other situation I would have laughed due to the stupified look on her face but right now all I can do is get more confused.

"Bels. Will you step aside so we can get inside?" Zach gently pushed her to the side and dragged me inside with him.

"But you said..... that she..." The girl named Bella was still struggling to get the words out.

"Well, now she's here." He let go of my hand after walking me to the couch.

"Wait here, I'll get you something to drink." He told me softly. I reluctantly nodded.

I'm not thirsty but it will surely help.

Then he disappeared into what I suppose is the kitchen.