Chapter Eighteen

"I'll be waiting, it's a date."

I couldn't breathe after hearing the words from Jenny's mouth. Everyone faded in the cafeteria and I can only see one person at this moment.

Him.

No, he wouldn't do that to me.

Not after we spent last night wrapped around in each other's arms.

I still had a little hope even after her statement but that evaporated too when I looked at Zack. He nodded at her in approval with a smile.

My heart stopped.

He is crushing you again and he's laughing about it at your face.

The tray of food slipped out of my hand and fell on the floor with an echoing sound. Zack whirled around due to the noise and his smile turned upside down when he looked at me.

It feels awfully familiar.
He doesn't want you, he made that more than clear two years ago.

Hot rage takes over my body when I realise that last night meant nothing to him - again. I couldn't forget the teasing of his lips, the slow licks of his tongue, his groan of pleasure - even for a second and he......he doesn't.....even.....care.

Tears were pleading to get out of my eyes and my knees were buckling, I want to lie on the floor and cry for hours but I held everything back for the time being.

Not in front of him.
He doesn't deserve to see you at your
weakest moments.

I feel so cheap and used right now.

Just like in the past.

And then I exploded.

I looked around to find something and grabbed a soda can from Kate's plate. I threw it at him but it hit his chair.

Asshole!

Couldn't he just act like he's hurt by the soda can to make me feel a little better?

"Hey," he looked baffled by my sudden outburst and I wanted to kill him for acting so clueless. He gets up from his seat with a cute frown-

Urgh.

"I hate you," I screamed and start looking around to find something else to hit him with but when I see everyone's stunned expressions all around the cafeteria, I decide that it would be better to just walk out of here.

I don't want to humiliate myself further than I already have.

My vision starts to blur due to the tears I couldn't control any longer and I start backing away slowly. His gaze softened when he sees the tears in my eyes but before he can close the distance between us I turn around quickly and start running towards the exit.

I don't want to see his face ever again.

I want to pull jenny's fake blonde extensions with my own hands but most of all I want to kick myself over and over again for believing that he would ever fall for me.

He'll ruin you as he did with many others and there will be no one else to blame but yourself.

I shut my eyes tightly and keep running towards the school exit door when Brad's statement starts replaying in my head.

On one hand, there's Brad who wants to give me everything without asking for even a thing in return and then there's him, who just keep hurting me over and over again without even a second thought.

Then why do you choose him every time?

Because I feel incomplete without him.

I was already out of the school when a pair of hands curve around my waist and pull me against a hard chest. I can recognise his touch even in my sleep but today it isn't helping instead it feels like he's burning me with his hands.