Chapter Eight

My feet start to move again the moment my brain reconnected to the body. I ran towards them like a bullet train. In seconds, I was between Zack and the guy who was trying to beat him. His fist stopped in mid-air after realising this fact.

I released a long breath of relief. Thank god!

I don't know what took over me and made me do something like this but I'm glad it worked. I held my chin up and then looked him in the eye where inside I was having a panic dance.

"Step aside." Bully's face looks particularly green from the rage.

"NO!" I yelled and balled my hands into fists.

It looks like my body has its own mind right now.

"I'm giving you last warning, step aside." He growled at me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I immediately recognise Zack's touch. I know he wants me to step aside too, but there is no way in hell I'm letting him get beaten up by anyone other than me. Because I'll be the one to beat him to a pulp for not defending himself and letting this guy do whatever he wants.

But first things first.

I took a threatening step towards a bully, get a hold of his shirt's collar and tried to shake him.

He didn't budge.

"No! I'm warning you, YOU TWAT!" I barked at him. "If you don't walk away now - I'm going to beat your ass so hard that your ass will detach from your body and fall on this floor." I try to shake him again - this time it worked a little.

"Van-" Zack tried to interpret but I cut him off.

"For the love of god shut your trap for the time being, will you?" I glared at Zack over my shoulder but regretted it instantly. He is mad.

One problem at a time.

So I returned my gaze to bully and raised an eyebrow. Bully mulled over the situation for a bit and then took a step back.

"Next time, I'll not stop for anyone," he announced to Zack and walked away but not before giving us another murderous glare.

Now, you can scream as much as you want.

I turned around to face my ultimate doom and see that Zack was burning holes in my head for a while now. Suddenly I feel really nervous under his intense gaze so I ducked my head and start staring at the ground.

"Don't ever tell me what to do." He said through greeted teeth.

I lift my eyes hesitantly and when I see many fresh bruises on his face my blood starts to boil again. You stupid bum! How can you take this beautiful face for granted? But before I can kick him in the shin for not protecting himself, he turned to his side and start moving towards the exit?

My anger vanishes even faster than it rises.

I turn to face the junior quickly, "can you get me some ice packs from somewhere and bring it to the school park. Ok?" I said frantically.

He nodded and ran towards the cafeteria without saying anything. I, on the other hand, followed Zack to the parking lot and caught his wrist when he was about to reach for his jeep.

He turned around and the rage on his face caught me off guard but I didn't wait for him to snap this time around. Instead, I clamp his mouth quickly and start my rant.

"I get it....that you are mad at me. Hell! you probably even hate me and I can't even blame you for it....because it was all my fault. I know I deserve this hostility and I'll not try to justify my......mistakes but please just let me take care of these....bruises. I won't ask anything else, I promise. " He was about to protest but I didn't let go and persist some more, "Raine would be devastated if she sees this...." I trailed off and shut my eyes tightly.