Chapter Thirty-Four

I'm dead.

From inside I was completely silent, not knowing what to feel anymore. Outside wasn't any different either, the hallway was as silent as my inner self.

No taunting. No snarky remarks. Just a ghostly silence.

Then suddenly a dam of emotions rumbled. Fear, anger, sadness, pain and so much more at once.

This isn't right. I must have heard him wrong. Zack couldn't do anything like this. He loves me. I love him. And I trust Jina. She's one of my best friends. I know she's...wild but with Zack - no, she wouldn't.

Are you sure? Even my inner self sounds heartbroken.

No. I'm not sure.

"Is it true?" Someone piped in our silent surrounding. It took me time to realise that these words came out of my mouth.

Zack didn't answer for a long time and just continue to stare at me in the eye - as if contemplating something.

It broke me further. Deny everything....please!

And then he did. "It isn't what it sounds like." His words pierced my heart, leaving me lifeless. These are the worst words he could have said. This phrase in reality always means; it's exactly what it sounds like. I have seen my fair share of movies and tv series to interpret this. Couldn't he just say he did nothing?

"I was just comforting Jina-" By kissing her? But it wasn't me who cut his clarification short. In an instant, Brad pushed him against the wall, holding him at the place with all his might.

"Don't you dare try to get out of this by making excuse? I warned you, you don't deserve her. Stay away from her you selfish bastard." Brad's voice was a distant sound in the background by now.

My mind has gone to a different place. Reliving all the beautiful memories I have spent with him in these past months.

Even by recalling the moments of just a few hours ago, my heart breaks into a billion pieces. We were so happy, wrapped up in each other's arms. Even though the leg pain was killing me I'll go back to that moment in a heartbeat if I had a choice. And the way he looked at me. Was that just an act? Did he ever love me as much as I love him? Was any of that true?

I don't know what to believe or not at this moment. What was real, what was not?

My gaze slowly turned to Jina, her head was still ducked. I can even see a sense of shame in her posture.

It is true. They did it. Brad wasn't lying. Zack cheated on me. And only God knows the things they would have done if Brad doesn't stop them-

Stop! I can't hear this anymore.

The sound from the behind brings my attention back to the present time.

As I turn around I see Brad violently shoving Zack against the wall again.

"Stop!" The word escapes my mouth before I can stop them. Dang, it! Why I have to be such a sucker for him?

But the bitter reality is....even though he had crushed my heart for the billionth time I just can't bring myself to see him getting hurt....in any way.

Brad's hand froze in its movement before he gradually loosens his grip on Zack's collar.

My eyes were solely focused on his face. It hurts to even look at him right now.

"Van-" he was about to say something but stopped after I lift my hand to stop him. I don't want to hear any excuses.

"Don't! Just don't!" I warned through greeted teeth.