Chapter Nineteen

"Now, What is happening?" I whisper-yell at Kate from the passenger seat.

"Same old, they are just sitting there quietly." Kate rolled her eyes at me.

"Gimme this," I finally snatched the binoculars from her hand. "Oh my god! I going to kill her, she just inched her hand closer for the fifth time. First, there was about like 20 cm distance between there hands now it's just 10." I said through a clenched jaw.

"That Bitch." Kate and I, both screamed when someone's voice from the backseat startled us.

We whipped our head quickly and see my grandma looking wide-eyed at the restaurant.

"Grandma, what the hell are you doing here?" I yelled in disbelief with my hand above my heart.

I didn't even know someone is in the back seat of the car. I swear to god someday my family will give me a real heart attack.

"What? You can't assume that I'll be sitting in the house like some old hag when both of you will be planning to go on a mission like this in front of me. You know how much I like James bond movies?" She shrugged and snatched the binoculars from my hand.

"Well, seducing much." My grandma said when she looked at her through binoculars.

I was mad when I see a dress too, it's like she wore it to seduce him.

When Zack's arms were around me and he was kissing me in the school parking lot I couldn't be mad at him for doing this but after we split up for our classes, the idea of him going on a date with jenny sounds more and more scary. I was ready to tell him that he couldn't go but I stopped myself because I didn't want to seem like a controlling girlfriend.

You are not even his girlfriend.

Well, I'll be.

Right?

But to subsidise my sulky mood he did ask me out. We'll have our first date on this Sunday.

"Will you stop sulking like two-year-old?" Zack said and kissed me on my cheek.

I held my chin up and keep ignoring him but inside I was already blushing like a loon.

He turned my chair completely so I have no choice except to look at him in the eye.

"Are you free on Sunday?" He said and trapped my legs between his when I try to get up.

I keep ignoring him.

I know he's just being a good friend and trying to not insult her by saying no but I just feel threatened. I can't help it, he's too important to me.

He didn't seem to mind my death glare and just to give me his cheeky grin.

He inches his face closer to mine. I shut my eyes and prepare myself to feel his lips on mine again but instead, of kissing me he starts to whispers in my ear. "Well, it was supposed to be a surprise but I think now is the best time to tell you." He sighed and then continues hesitantly after a few seconds. "I was thinking.....of asking you on a date. I have already planned everything....actually, I was planning it for almost 2 weeks now." I gasped and clutched his shirt suddenly when he nibbled on it. "What do you say, are you in?" He asked with a smirk when he pulled back but there's a hint of fear in his eyes.

I instantly feel guilty for giving him a silent treatment. I never meant to scare him but it's reassuring to see that he's just as afraid to lose me as I'm to lose him.

I smiled and pulled his face closer again. "Of course I'm in," I whispered and kiss the tip of his nose. "I'm sorry for behaving like a child," I said and ducked my head shamefully.