Chapter Thirty-Nine

(1 hour later)

"He just what?" Jina screamed and threw her hand in disbelief.

"Yeah, he just said I have to go and then left me," I told her with a shrug.

I'm trying to act cool but it was really painful. We just have a few more days till graduation and I don't know his plans after that. What if he decides to move to Florida permanently? I feel uneasy whenever I think about it.

"Oh, don't worry... I'm sure it was nothing." Kate tried to wave it off but I can't seem to let it go. "You just have to trust him. He told you everything will be ok too, didn't he?"

Yeah, he did but I'm losing my mind. It's like we don't have much time left to be together.

"No, no." Jina's furious voice whipped my gaze from Kate to her. "Enough is enough. You don't have to wait any longer." I opened my mouth to tell her that it's ok, I should give him a little more time but she didn't let me speak.

"If he isn't making a move then you should." What? Didn't she know I'm a wreck in front of him? "You are a strong, confident woman. You have to take control in your hands to get what you want." This doesn't sound comforting to my ears.

I can't even talk to him without shuttering and she wants me to ask him out. Yeah, right? Like that would ever happen.

"What if he's thinking that you are not ready just as you are thinking that he isn't ready?" This question stopped every thought in my mind. I never thought about it.

Oh my God! Now...I'm honestly confused. What if she's right? What if he's waiting for me to give him a sign...which I haven't. Have I?

"What do you think?" I asked Kate.

She didn't pay attention to me and just keeps gazing at her blank phone screen.

What is she doing?

"Kate?" I shook her shoulder to get her out of the trance state.

"What?" It seems like she got startled due to my voice. What's going on with her?

I was about to bombard her with a question but Jina cut me off by whacking me on the head.

"Ouch." I rubbed the spot with a pout.

"What are you waiting for? Get your sexy ass over there and knock his shoes off." She said with her hands on the hips.

"Oh come on, don't think too much and just go for it," Kate gave me a little push towards the area where Zack was just a minute ago.

"Hey, don't push me," I whined but she just shooed me away.

I think there's no going back from this.

After taking a few deep breaths to calm my jittery nerves I start taking slow and calculating steps towards him.

You can do it. You can do it. You can... Can't do it. You can't do it.

Midway I changed my route and decided to take a sharp left turn which will lead me outside this crowded hall. I need some fresh air before doing anything.

Jina and Kate will surely kill me as soon as they find out that I chickened out of this.

************

SOS?

Why did Jina text SOS? What is the emergency?

I was playing Minecraft outside when I received her message.