Chapter Four

Vanilla?

That's like the worst nickname ever! Why did he call me that? Because you were fighting over a vanilla ice cream. I know, but it doesn't mean he can call me whatever he wants.

My thoughts halted when I bump into someone and the fact that it's broad road enraged me even more.

Really God? What do want from me, huh? If you have a drinking problem from all the wine you get in the church, you can have my kidney but please for the love of you...

STOP PICKING ON ME!

I let out a sigh before looking up from the ground to see the person in front of me. And saw a familiar pair of blue eyes which are shining in the dark while gazing at me.

My frown turned upside down after releasing who it is. "Brad?" I breathed.

"Ash?" His face breaks into a breathtaking smile and he pulled me into a tight hug before I can say anything else.

Awkward hugs.

I try to wiggle a little because he was literally cutting my air supply but when I couldn't, I just simply returned his hug or at least tried with my hands pinned down to my sides.

He stepped back after a while and gaped at me wide-eyed. I too, take this time to examine him. He looks taller and a lot more handsome than I last remember. Blonde hair, muscular body, blue eyes, good dressing sense. Hmm, what more does any girl wants?

"When did you return?" He asked still looking in a shock.

"A few days ago," I replied with a bright smile.

"A few days ago and I didn't even get a whiff of it?" He looked at the ground in confusion but then shook his head and returned his eyes to my face again.

"You know I don't like the extra attention," I answered with a shrug like it's no big deal.

"You haven't changed at all. Have you?" He asked and I swear I saw his eyes twinkling.

"Hey! I not that short anymore." I hit him on the arm and gave him a fake stern look.

"And a lot more beautiful." He replied with a wistful smile.

I looked at my outfit.

Sponge Bob t-shirt with a lot of ice cream stains. Mini mouse pajamas and even my shoes are neon green coloured.

Is he making fun of me?

I was about to hit him upside of the head but stopped when I see the serious look on his face.

Well, if that's the case.

"Thank you." I smiled sheepishly and ducked my head. I know I'm blushing right now because It's not normal for me to get compliments from a handsome boy.

"You look good too" I replied politely but I don't think he heard my comment because he is still staring at me. I fidgeted under his intense gaze and as if on cue, his phone starts ringing. He takes it out of his pocket and then looked at the screen. He pondered for a while and then returned his gaze to me.

"I should probably go, I would have walked you to your house if this wasn't urgent." He waved his phone to gesture me that the call was urgent with an apologetic look, "we should catch up soon." He said. I nodded in agreement and then he walked away after giving me a last dazzling smile.

Brad has always been a great friend. I still remember he used to be a nerd with braces two years ago but now he transformed into a hunk.

It took 5 minutes for me to get home. I immediately run towards the living room to tell mom and grandma about my encounter with Zack at the ice cream parlour.