Chapter Twenty-Five

I frown when the people around me don't stop their chatter. Can't they chat in their own houses? I roam my hands on the bed in hopes to find a blanket to cover myself so I won't have to listen to their annoying voices.

But I let out a yelp and quickly popped my eyes open when I felt a pinch on my forearm. I blinked several times to get rid of the dizziness and when my vision clears I see a needle.

A big ass Needle.

I look at the women in white clothing who is holding the needle with a startled expression.

Tooth fairy?

But my thoughts get cut off when I hear Kate's voice from beside me. "Ashley?"

I turned my gaze around and see almost ten people carefully observing me.

And then everything starts to rush back; the fight - Nick's punch - Zack carrying me here.

Uhhhh!

"Oh..... Hi," I waved my hand at everyone with an awkward smile when I realised that they are here for me. But they just keep gaping at me wide-eyed.

"Are you ok?" Kate asked with a worried expression on her face.

Well, I can't feel my head right now.
And If that counts as okay, then I'm okay.

But instead of this, I mumbled 'I guess' and pulled myself up in a sitting position.

I was looking for Zack when Derik asked another question. "What happened?"

I looked at the worried faces around me and then released a sigh before opening my mouth to explain. "I was on the way to take some books from my locker when I saw Nick hitting Zack..... and I just positioned myself between them to stop Nick... but his hand didn't stop. I hit my head somewhere due to the force of his punch and after that... I don't remember much." I told them with a shrug and start fidgeting with the hem of my top.

I let my eyes roam around the room again in hopes to get a glimpse of Zack but I already know he isn't here because if he would, this room would be a battleground by now.

Where is he?

Kate gave me a big lecture for getting punched in the face and for being stupid enough to not let Zack handle Nick.

Yeah, like he was doing anything to stop him.

But when she was done with her rambling I ask the question which was bugging me from the moment I opened my eyes. "Where is Zack?" I asked with a frown.

My frown deepened when no one answered for a few seconds.

Why are they being weird?

"In administrator room," Tyler told me reluctantly at last.

I'm not liking the sound of it.

"What is he doing there?" I asked nervously but their uneasy expressions made the situation much worse.

"We don't know why principal asked for him but our guesses are.... because he kind of hospitalised Nick," Jina cringed by her own statement.

My eyes widen in fear when I heard 'hospitalised' from her mouth.

Oh, shoot.

"He did what?" I shrieked due to shock.

"I mean, it wasn't anything serious, just a broken nose and a black eye." She clarified quickly after looking at my anxious face.

"Nick deserved it," Kate said while handing me a glass of water.

I don't know how to feel about all this information so I just stayed quiet but the anxiousness still didn't go away.