Chapter Thirty-Seven

Zack's POV

Friday night.

Where is the loo? Goddammit, why this house is so big? I swear my dreams about buying a big house are vanishing with each passing second.

Finally. I found what I was looking for.

Oh, I feel so good. Light like a feather, as if I can fly.

The hallway outside was dark. I couldn't see anything. A few minutes ago it didn't matter because I was in hurry but now it is hard to walk without tripping. God, now I understand how it feels to be in Vanilla's shoes.

Her balancing skills are just as same as the person walking in the dark.

But you still love her.

Yes, more than anything.

My thoughts get cut off by some sound from across the hallway. Like a weeping sound. Is someone crying?

Curious to find out what's going on I made my way towards the end of the hallway.

The sound increased as I get near to one of the room. Its gate is half-closed so I try to peek inside but couldn't see anyone.

After taking a deep breath I pushed the door and saw Jina crying her eyes out. Why is she crying?

"Hey, what happened?" I quickly walked towards her and then crouched so I can see her face. "Why are you crying?" I ask softly when she didn't answer my first question.

"They always do this. They say we'll return next week and then end up cancelling it." She mumbled and then put her head on my chest.

Her words came out slurred and that's the first time I notice two empty bottles of liquor beside her. She is wasted.

I don't know what to do so I just start to stroke her hair in hopes of making her feel better. I should have brought Vanilla with me. She is better at dealing with crying peoples.

"Shhh, it's ok," I whispered after a few moments of silence.

"Even on my birthday last week, they just sent me a card which reads a happy birthday. Do you believe it?" She snorted and moved closer. I was beyond uncomfortable but didn't stop her. She needs a friend right now. "I don't want expensive gifts, I don't want big parties either, I just want to spend some time with my parents as normal families do. Is that so much to ask?" The pain in her voice made me sad.

I have known that her parents generally go on business trips for months but I didn't know it affected Jina this much. She was pretty good at hiding?

"I'm sorry," I said sincerely this time and pulled her for a tight hug.

I know how it feels to get shitty parents. I can relate to her.

I slowly pulled away when she was done with all the crying.

"You have a good heart Jina and if your parents didn't understand it then it's their loss. Don't let them ruin your days? They are not worth it." I told her and then squeeze her hand to encourage her.

She gave me a small nod but didn't look up from the ground.

"You know, I prefer you being annoying all the time," I said to lighten her mood.

It worked. Her lips stretched into a small smile.

Her eyes were shining with unshed tears, gazing in mine. We stayed silent smiling at each other for a few painfully long moments and before I know she closed the gap.