Chapter Seventeen

Zack's POV

Something is irking me this morning.

I haven't opened my eyes but I know something is missing. My sheets smell like her - a sweet vanilla scent but I can't feel her touch.

I remember last night's every second like the back of my hand. The way she proved to me that I'm worth it was remarkable. I was looking forward to seeing her wrapped within my arms this morning but I'm disappointed to find out that she's already out of the bed. I don't feel eager to open my eyes anymore because I don't want to see emptiness beside me.

Last night was proof that there's a salvation for me too and I can forget about my past with the hope of a much better future.

My future - Vanilla.

I opened my eyes reluctantly when I hear Raine's giggling. She was playing with a paper aeroplane in my room.

"What are you doing princess?" My voice came out a little croaky.

"I'm playin with aero-plane." Raine grinned and handed me the aeroplane.

I looked at the yellow aeroplane, it's a little odd because she always makes aeroplane with old newspaper but whatever.

I handed the aeroplane back to her and ruffled her hair. I open the bathroom door to check for vanilla but she wasn't there.

"Raine, where is vanilla?" I asked her when I couldn't find her in the house.

Raine shrugged and continue to play with the paper aeroplane.

I checked my phone for any tests from her but there wasn't any.

Did she regret it?

No, you shouldn't think like this.

You felt this connection with her for the past month, you can't let your destructive mind ruin this for you.

Don't panic and trust her.

I made brunch for Raine and myself but my eyes were still on my phone, I was waiting for her to call or text me.

After eating I was doing the dishes when someone knocked on the door. I sprinted towards the door in hope to see vanilla on the other side but I frowned when I get a glimpse of Brad's smirking face.

"What do you want?" I release an exhausted sigh.

"Hey, can't I visit an old buddy without any reason?" He asked and patted my shoulder.

"No, actually you can't. So spit it out, whatever you want." I said and crossed my hands over my chest.

"I don't want anything from you, I already have everything I wanted for years." He shrugged casually and pushed me aside so he can get inside the house.

"Don't play games and get to the point." I clenched my fist because he is pissing me off right now.

"Oh, I'm just here to brag." He waved his hand dismissively. He starts tapping his chin with his finger and pretend to think. " let's see, I'm the captain of the basketball team, I'm the golden boy of the school, everyone looks at me as their hero because I'm the one who destroyed the monster." He gestured towards me to point it out that I'm the monster. "and.....I think it is safe to say that I have Ashley too after we kissed in front of her house." He smirked when he sees the fire in my eyes.

"You are lying. Ashley will never do that." I growled at him.

"Oh, you don't believe me? so go ask her then." He shrugged and move towards the kitchen and start eating one of the KitKats which I was giving to Vanilla every day as an apology for stealing hers.

He Doesn't Remember MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara