V Ash's P.O.V

"Goodness, Ash!" Misty berated me. "You really know how to make a scene; everyone is going mad trying to figure out what happened in Jubilife City."

"No joke," May added. "All the news channels seem to be talking about Hunter J's capture and the mysterious Ace Ranger Ash Ketchum that came out of nowhere."

"You even made the news in Hoenn," commented Max.

Right now, I was in a conference call with Misty, May, Max, Brock and Gary, while waiting for Champion Cynthia, Elite Four Lucian, and the Head Ranger of Jubilife City to get to the Pokemon Center. So, we could all discuss the best course of action to take during the Press Conference later today.

"Do they really expect a mere contest to be enough of a distraction from the fact that Hunter J had finally been captured?" Gary scoffed.

Not that I could deny his words. From what Josh and Sarah had told me, the League and the Ranger Commission had arranged the Press Conference to be one day earlier to the Jubilife Contest to take people's mind off the issue.

While it might, and I stress the word might have worked in Sinnoh. The news has reached all the Regions in this continent, even reaching some places in Kalos- from what Gary had told me.

It had become too much for a single contest to cover up.

"That was the plan," I sighed. Ignoring Charizard's snigger. "But I believe that now they understand it won't be so simple."

"How did they even get ahold of the story?" Brock asked, suspiciously. "It wasn't as if you had had the time to plan the attack and, in return, for the information to leak. It was all a last-minute operation."

"No one knows," I answered. "They told me to leave it to them and to focus on recovering. Honestly, I don't care at the moment. I'm too tired to try and hunt them down." I sighed. "I'll let them do it for me."

They all looked at me concerned, even Gary!

"Good thinking, Ashy-boy. Taking off the arm sling when talking to Gramps and your mom." He said, changing the topic of conversation for me. "They would have lost their minds if they had found out that you fell from an airship and dislocated your shoulder."

"I had to," I defended myself. "Otherwise, they would have hounded me down."

"The same way the news crew is doing?" May asked, with a teasing smile.

"Don't remind me," I moaned. This time I did glare at the sniggering pokemon on Charizard's infirmary bed. I only stopped when I heard a knock coming from the door, Pikachu rapidly came to my side. "Yes, come in!" I called out.

"Ace Ranger Ketchum," Nurse Joy said sweetly, as he opened the door. "Champion Cynthia, Elite Four Lucian, and Head Ranger Violet have arrived. They are waiting for you in the business room."

Yes, Pokemon Centers have business rooms. Who would have thought? Not me! I exclaimed in my head.

"Thank you, Nurse Joy," I replied. "I'm coming." With that she exited the room, waiting for me outside when I turned back to my friends on the screen. "It seems like I have to go."

"Try not to get involved in any more trouble," Misty scolded me.

"This is Ashy-boy we are talking about, he is the trouble magnet," commented Gary.

"I'm glad you all came out mostly unharmed," Brock told me.

"Bye Ash, I'll consider your offer," Max said.

"If anything happens, call us. Ok? We'll be there to help." May assured me.

"I will," I replied. "Bye, guys!"