III Profesor Oak's P.O.V

I was invited to the Twinleaf Festival to give a lecture on the first day. Of course, I accepted, and gave out a lecture on "the interrelation of Pokémon and Evolution stones." It is Sinnoh after all, and Professor Rowan's main study area is evolution. So, I decided to give my fellow Professor a nod, while also teaching the young minds of Sinnoh about the importance of pokemon bonds. Not only because I love teaching, but also because it gave me a good excuse to check on Ash. He's been going through so much lately, Legendaries attacks, hunting down Team Galactic, Team Rocket lurking in the shadows... it was too much for a young boy like him. So, I flew to Sinnoh, with a little gift in my pocket for Ash, hoping it will cheer him up.

It did not take me long to realize that Ash was acting strangely, and after reaching out to Riley I realized what was going on. Ash had finally reached his limit. So, I decided to stay for the duration of the whole festival and try to get a moment to have a serious conversation with him. The moment finally came when Dawn and Barry had gone running after a Xatu, with Riley and Lucario following close behind to keep an eye on them. Seeing Ash about to follow them, I got in front of him with a smile.

"Professor!" Ash exclaimed startled. "What is it? Do you need something?"

"I was wondering if you would mind taking a walk with me," I answered calmly, pointing at the little pathway Johanna had shown me, on my first day in town, which lead to a beautiful lake.

"Of course!" Ash replied with a cheery smile... one that I could easily see was forced.

"Well, then, follow me," I replied, starting to walk away, with Ash following me close by. We strolled in silence, which on its own was a big sign that something was wrong with Ash. However, I did not dare to break the silence until we had both reached the lake. I heard Ash sigh in delight, I quite agreed with him, it was scenery worth ten sighs of delight. I took a deep breath, taking in the clean air, and bracing myself for this difficult situation. "Have you thought about talking to someone?"

"About what?" Ash tried to go for a gullible approach, before sighing in defeat under my warning look. "No... not really. It's not like anyone would believe a word I said."

"I do, and so do the Champions and the rangers. You should not expect the worst from other Ash... me having to tell you that should be proof that you need help," I told him solemnly. "Champion Lance has offered the services of some of the best therapists from the Wataru Clan. They can be trustworthy and know about the legend of The Chosen One. We can also contact the queen of Rota, for a more Aura Guardian approach. There are options... that is if you open yourself to them."

"That sounds... like a good idea," Ash admitted with a bemused smile.

"Really?" I asked carefully not to show my excitement when in reality I was squealing in my head. Gary and Deli will be delighted with the news! I exclaimed internally

"Yeah, I need help Professor, that much I know," Ash sighed, turning to look back at the lake with a lost and faraway expression. "I just... didn't think of asking for help."

"Well, you can, ask for help, that is," I assured him. The smile I received was the world to me, it was pure and honest, even if it was much smaller than I was used to receiving from him. It was then that I knew that he was ready to receive my gift. Before he would have used it to try to ignore the issue at hand and push his problems into a box not to think about. However, now I can be the one to reunite two old friends the right way. "By the way, Ash, I've got a gift for you."

"A gift?" Ash asked me startled.

"Well, more than a gift, I am acting more like a mailman," I replied with a sly smile. Taking two Poke Balls from my pocket and releasing them into the air. "You'll know my surprise when a pink Butterfree appeared in my Lab with another Butterfree that had your whole bunch going crazy."