IV Lance's P.O.V

If the second day was exciting, no one could have guessed what was to come during the third and last day. If they thought the last eight battles of Espeon and Sylveon were a bloodbath, the Ace Stage was a massacre. Tauros and Muk destroyed their opponents with a combination of versatility, going from special attacks of every type to status effect moves that rendered the opponent's pokemon teams useless. Fifteen trainers, one after the other, even counting other Ace Rangers, failed before Ash, it was a statement of Ash's A-Team stamina.

"T-that's... how is that even possible?" Lillie exclaimed, in disbelief, not being able to compute what had just happened.

Anna had just called out for the halfway recess of every day, which would have needed to happen anyway, as the battlefield had just been turned into a swamp of pure poison, by the clever use of Fissure and Sludge Bomb.

"Ash is not only a Terrain Master but the strongest Terrain Master, he stands above all of them," Cynthia told them proudly, with a sly smile.

"The intensity of these matches... are just on another level," Gladion commented, gulping nervously, eyes never leaving the battlefield my little brother had just easily leveled.

"Ash is easily Elite Four level," Wallace replied, though I could note a tone of wonder and surprise. He had yet to see Ash go all out against clearly unmatched opponents, until today. "His A-Team just takes things out of proportion. They not only have the teamwork and versatility in moves but the power and stamina to back it up. That's what separates them from the rest of Ash's team."

"There's also the fact that they possess much more experience than the other pokemon," I added. "You can see how much smoother and with more confidence they move, compared to the others."

"I noticed that," Professor Kukui commented. "That's only something you can gain from years of experience." Everyone else hummed in contemplation and deep in thought. Ash was setting the bar high, and showing everyone that he truly deserved his title and fame. Not that my little brother was aware of the statement he was making. "Still, to believe his pokemon are this strong..." that comment made us, the champions, laugh. "What?" Professor Kukui asked flustered. "Was it something I said?"

"You think they are strong? Well, they are," Wallace chuckled.

"But they are not the strongest," Cynthia informed them with a playful smile.

"His real A-Team is conformed of Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Heracross, Snorlax, and Pidgeot. At least, for now." I explained. "Tauros, Primeape, Muk, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Meganium, Feraligatr, and Typhlosion, are also part of his A-Team level group... however, even between them there's a big leap in the level of power and ability."

"They are even stronger?" Lusamine gasped surprised.

"Yes, and the level of Sceptile, Pikachu, and Charizard compared to the rest of the A-Team is also big." I chuckled.

"We will see him using two of his A-Team members... isn't it too much? You did say he is easily in the Elite Four level," Lillie asked worriedly.

"Upper-level Elite Four, at least," Professor Kukui mumbled to himself, but I heard him and chuckled in response.

"He's tired, it takes a lot of stamina to fight over ninty battles in just three days," Wallace answered her. "The mental strength it takes... he just wants it to be all over by now."

"You're right, we will have to spread it over a week or have fewer people challenging him," Lusamine sighed. "It was an oversight on our part."

Good, I thought. At least, they recognize the pressure they put my little brother under.

Before we could continue with our debate Anna announced the continuation of the battles. The one who came out next was one of the Ace Rangers from Hoenn. From the same group that had insulted Ash and had let his crazy fangirl through.

"This is gonna be fun!" I smirked viciously, as Wallace moaned and Cynthia chuckled.

The Hoenn Ace Ranger released a Swampert and a Shiftry, while Ash released his Snorlax and Pidgeot. What happened next shocked, not only me but everyone. Ash did not allow a single move from his opponent, he simply went for the instant kill. One Pulverizing Pancake after and both, Swampert and Shiftry, were down. Even I thought it was overkill and something very unlike Ash to do.

"I did say I wanted to see Ash's Pulverizing Pancake... but I did not mean this," Professor Kukui commented staring at the scene before him in shock.

"He's really gotten the hang of Z-moves," Kahuna Sofy hummed.

"Do you know something Kahuna Sofu?" Cynthia asked him suspiciously. "You left during the break."

"Tapu Fini contacted me this morning, she requested that I let Ace Ranger Ash know that he is allowed to come to the Ruins of Hope and use her mist," Kahuna Sofu answered, stunning us. "It is a boon from the Island Guardians to their champion."

Oh, Ash... wait! Champion?! Does Kahuna Sofu know about Ash being the Chosen One?! I panicked internally, before calming myself down with a deep breath. No, he can not. The Tapus personally tested him for the Island Challenge, that's what he meant. I shook my head. It does not matter, I need to focus on Ash. I'll talk to Ash about this opportunity, and make sure he knows he has my support whatever he chooses to do.

Looking at the Aether siblings I realized that Ash might not be the only one paying the Ruins of Hope a visit.

What a mess.