XII Ash's P.O.V

As I received my trophy, the one I won after winning the Sinnoh League, I could feel my hands shake. The photoshoots and press conferences passed in a blur.

I still could not believe it.

I won... no, we won.

We've finally done it!

For my last match, I used all of my regional starters that had reached their last evolutionary stage. I thought it would be poetic to finish this stage of my life with who I was supposed to have started it. So, in my roster, I had Sceptile, Meganium, Feraligatr, Typhlosiom, Greninja, and Infernape. It was a good battle, one that I was very happy to have had all of my closest friends and family there to watch and cheer for me. Not one of the levels I had against Paul and Tobias, but it ranked as the third most difficult one in my Sinnoh journey.

At the moment I was hiding away from all the fans and reporters in Professor Oak's Ranch- having a party to celebrate my victory with my family and friends.

"I am so proud of you, my sweet boy," mom congratulated me with a huge smile and a kiss on my forehead, that had me at the edge of crying. "Here, I had this done for you," she gave me a blue box wrapped with a red ribbon.

"You didn't have to," I protested weakly as I accepted the gift. "My little boy is a Champion of Sinnoh's Pokemon League, of course I had to!" Mom exclaimed back, making me smile. I slowly opened the box and in it there was the most beautiful pair of golden lilies ear cuffs I've ever seen. "As your win of the Lily of the Valley Conference allowed you to achieve your dream of winning a Pokemon League... I thought it would be appropriate. They also match with the Key Stone Necklace Lance gave you."

Right, the necklace was a gift of my brother. He also possesses one, the same as mine. So, we are wearing a macyhing set that shows our bond as brothers. The necklace is also a gift given tk every Wataru Clan trainer that had reached the level to Mega Evolve. Though, the design varies, they are always golden. Drake, Clara, and Lance, are the only ones in possession of one right now. Lance gave me one to show that I am an honorable member of the Wataru Clan.

"They are beautiful..." I murmured in awe, as I rapidly put them on. "What do you think? Do they look good on me?"

"Oh... my precious boy... all grown up..."  mom teared up, cradling my cheeks in between her hands.

"I love you mom," I told her, tearing up a little as well. "Thank you for everything."

"Shh, none if that," she told me gently. "It is a mother's duty and I am so proud of being yout mother."

"No! No crying! This should be a celebration!" Dawn exclaimed as she cut inwith Paul trailing after her. "Here! Sign this for me!"

She handed me a poster and a red marker. The poster was of me and Altaria. I  was wearing a white suit and had my eyes closed, as I wrapped my arms around my waist, as if I was hugging myself. My Key Stone Necklace was floating in the air and shinning, as Mega Altaria was flying behind me. She looked so magestic and beautiful, lowering her wings around me. Todd had captured the picture beautifully, as her wings were in mid-hug.

"How did you get this?!" I exclaimed shocked, but still singed the poster

"How did you get this?!" I exclaimed shocked, but still singed the poster. "The photoshoot was only two days ago!"

"Mrs. Ketchum requested one of every poster and copies for all of us! She is so nice!" Dawn smiled, hugging yhe poster to her chest.

"Mom!" I whined, blushing in embarrassment.

"Calm down Ash, you look so cool and smoothin them," mom waved my complains away. "No need to be shy sweetie, won't mind singing your favorite poster."

I followed her gaze to a blushing Paul and gasped: "Et tu Paul?"

I felt so betrayed. I was counting on him!

He said nothing, throwing his poster to me. In this one I was posimg with Pikachu and Charizard. Todd had captured my open vest flutering  in the wind, as in one of those action movies, with Pikachu on my shoulder, like always, and Charizard on my left. Charizard had his eyes closed as he was enjoying me patting his head. His tail came around me, as if it  was hugging me, putting it on first plane.

I used the same marker Dawn had given me to sign it.

"Thank you," Paul had said as he received the poster.

"It sas nothing," I replied, returning the marker back to Dawn.

"Not for this," Paul shook his head. "For all the lessons you gave me... for not giving up on me."

I paused for a second and watched him carefully. A gentle smile spread slowly on my lips. "You've grown up so much. You should be proud."

"I am," Paul claimed confidently. "I was invited to challenge the Battle Frontier. I will be the third person to complete it, just wait!" He promised me, with a fire burning on his eyes.

"Third? Who won it other than Ash?" Dawn asked confused.

"Tobias," Paul and I answered at the same time.

"That... makes sense," Dawn thought out loud.

"He went after me, which is why he started his Sinnoh Gym circuitlater than most," I informed her. "So, what are your plans?"

"I am joining Paul in Kanto!" Dawn exclaimed, taking me by surprise. "I will be traveling with him and I'll get to the Kanto Grand Festival and win it! I am so glad I made such a good friend!"

"Right... friend..." I turned to Paul with a raised eyebrow and chuckled when he blushed. "Will any of your rivals be joining you in Kanto?"

"Kenny, Ursula, and Nando will give Sinnoh another go. I think Nando will challenge the Sinnoh Pokemon League again as well." Dawn answered oblivious to my exchange with Paul. My mother giggled beside me, murmuring about young love. "Zoey is going to Hoenn, she wants to go to contests were born and learn a lot."

"It must make you feel lonely," I said with a gentle and understanding look.

"It is... I am going to a new region with new pokemon and new rivals waiting for me. But I have my team and Paul! I know I can do it!" Dawn assured me  with a fire in her eyes.

The young insecure and amateur girl I had met is long gone, she is now a trainer and a full-fledged coordinator.
And I am so proud of her.

"Ash! Sign my hat!" Max bounced to my side, pulling out an exact copy of the hat I used for my Sinnoh journey.

"Where did you get that hat?" I asked him carefully, quite afraid of the answer.

"They were selling them in The Saint Festival!" Max answered, handing me a black marker. "Many young trainers are usin them! Did you not notice them in the Lilly of the Valley Conference? I forgot to ask you to sign it for me then."

"No..." I sighed,  signing the hat. Luckily, for my next journey I've got a new outfit and hat. "What are your plans now that you are finally 10? Gonna take the Hoenn Region by storm?"

"No, his answer surprised me. "I already traveled through Hoenn and Kanto, I want something different! New!" He explained. I smiled at his excitement, totally understanding his reasoning. "I... I'm going to Unova and I want you to go with me!"

"W-What?!" We all exclaimed surprised.