IV Riley's P.O.V

"How is the alliance with the International Police working out?" Ash asked Josh and Sarah, as we, as in Ash, Dawn, Josh, Sarah, our pokemon, and I, were grabbing a bite in the Business Room in Michina Town's Pokemon Center.

As Ash, Dawn, and I were on our way to Lake Acuity, had met with Looker after Team Galactic had messed up their ride on the train. Why did they decide to stop a train? No idea, but we thanked them for the stroke of luck. Looker is an infamous officer from the International Police with a track record as impressive as Ash's. That says something. Knowing that, and that Looker was looking into Team Galactic, Ash had proposed to him to work together. For both of their teams to bring down Team Galactic.

However, it was easier said than done.

"Better than I thought we would," Josh answered honestly. "The International Police and the Rangers have always had a tense relationship... always stepping on each other's toes. So, we had to make sure to respect the jurisdiction of each institution and not start any fights. Luckily, Looker's team was small and as respectful as ours."

"Good," Ash replied, taking a sip from his milkshake.

"What I want to know about is, how is it possible that Riley saw Uxie in Lake Acuity?" Sarah cut in, in disbelief. "Ash, Dawn saw Mesprit the first day she started her journey, and you spotted Azelf!" She exclaimed exasperated, pointing at our group. "Do you think that means that the three of them will be involved in the final battle against Team Galactic?"

"I hope not," Ash sighed, resting his head on his crossed arms over the table. "That will only add a whole other level of complication into the situation."

"We can't ignore it," I said. I felt pity for Ash, I truly do. Legendaries have been making his life a misery since day one. However, I also knew that this was something we could not simply ignore.

"I just... I know it's important. But we just came back from the past, after saving Dialga from Giratina, and humanity as a whole from Arceus's rage because of a stupid human named Marcus... ARCEUS!" Ash shouted, making us jump in shock. We've never seen him shout in anger before. "I mean... Arceus people. We met Arceus and the first thing they did is try to judge the whole of humanity because of one person. How is this fair?! I mean if they end up looking at our world closer and see the huge number of terrorist groups... we might have saved humanity for now, but what about in the future? What will stop them from trying to destroy us again? WHY should I be the one to deal with this situation, to begin with?!"

I could see that Ash was starting to hyperventilate, Sarah and Dawn tried to get closer to him and help him out, but Pikachu warned us not to get closer with sparkling cheeks. "Out, everyone but Lucario and Ash's pokemon out," I demanded from them. They tried to protest but a glare from me and they were out. "Ash, look at me!" I demanded firmly. My uncharacteristic tone, made him look up in surprise. "Breath in, and breath out. Come on, follow me." I instructed him slowly. "Breath in, and breath out. That's good." I smiled when I began to see Ash starting to calm down. "Breath in, and breath out. Breath in, and breath out."

"Breath in, and breath out," Ash repeated, breathing in deeply and letting it go with a slump. "Breath in, and breath out."

"Good," I praised him. "Have you calmed down now?"

"Y-yeah," he stuttered. "I am better."

"I'm glad," I replied, taking a seat beside him, ignoring Pikachu's sparkling cheeks over the table or Riolu's glare on Ash's lap. "Want to tell me what's gotten you acting up?"

"Ever since I began this journey I've been able to follow a simple rule: be prepared and do not act stupid... or more than usual that is." Ash chuckled humorlessly. "Legendaries have made a mess of my life since I began my journey. I've been and lived through things people only dream of... all I ever dreamed of as a little boy. However, I've also lost so much, not to mention I've died... a lot." My heart broke for the young boy silently crying in front of me, hugging his baby guardian as a plushie. "I died... but I came back. I've always come back because that's what Arceus wants. However, it was Arceus the one that was trying to kill us all this time around. Death... it has never seemed so finite since my first death." How messed up is it that he is talking about his deaths as a done deal? I thought, swallowing my desire to throw up. "Not to mention, I've gotten to Sinnoh we've been able to predict the appearances of Legendaries. However, this time it took us all by surprise. I was not able to call back up or get my more experienced pokemon to the field. I even got Riolu and Dawn dragged into this!"

I winced at that. It was not a good situation. On hand Ash only had the pokemon he caught in Sinnoh, Nidoqueen, Flygon, Poltergeist, and Jolteon. The only ones with experience in his actual were Pikachu and Donphan. It was a difficult place to be and I still could not believe Ash had survived worse odds... then again, he did confess he had not really survived them. I still can't believe Aura Guardians all around the world were fighting over being The Chosen One. It wasn't what it was all cracked up to be.

"Ash, screw Arceus!" Everyone in the room looked at me in shock, even Lucario. Not only because I cursed, something I never do, but because I cursed at Arceus. The Pokemon God. "Forget about them for a minute, forget about the whole mess about The Chosen One, and just be you. Would you have done anything differently? Would you have not stopped at every corner to help a pokemon or a person in need? Would you have not been The Saint you are?" We chuckled at my horrible pun. "You are you, and that will never change. Stop thinking about the future as if it was already over and try to enjoy the present." I gave him a firm look, a look that silenced him when he seemed to want to protest. "Now we are going to remain here and take a break. We will enjoy the beauty of this town and not think about Legendaries or Team Galactic. We will try to heal and when we begin our journey, later on, we will continue aiding those that need our help. Ok?"

"Ok," Ash answered, taking another deep breath.

And that's what we did. We took a nice long week, just to regain our breath and heal about the whole almost-ending-of-the-world situation. I still can't believe Ash has been through so many of these by now. When we returned on the route towards Lilypad Town, we did what we knew the best. We helped every pokemon and person that needed our aid. Starting with a Tangrowth that was trying to save a dying tree, Vileplume was able to put into practice those lessons she had with Meganium. We met with Looker, Sarah, and Josh in Mt. Coronet, and stopped Team Galactic's plans, leading them to leave with empty hands and us with various grunts in jail. Unfortunately, Charon and Saturn escaped. Afterward, we got a lost Pink Shellos back home to their herd.

Also, in our journey, poor Piplup went through his first heartbreak. After falling in love with the Marill of Lulu, the daughter of the owners of one of the most beautiful berry orchards I've ever seen. Unfortunately, for Piplup, Marill chose an Elekid of the area. Poor guy, he braved through the tears as we left. On the good side, when Dawn called home to tell her mom she had sent some rare berries, Johanna informed her of the upcoming Twinleaf Festival, and now we had our new destination in mind. Something I will be eternally grateful for.

For most of that journey, Ash was not his usual self. Silent and with a laser focus on training. However, maybe, this festival will be what he needs to return to his old self.

Please, Arceus... wait, that's the last Legendary I want to think about. It's all their fault! I protested in my head. Please, Ho-Oh, help him.