I Max's P.O.V

"Max! From where you got me a Kirlia?!" May shouted as soon as the video call connected. She was glowing with happiness, even when our parents and I were laughing at her obvious excitement. "Max!" She whined, childishly.

"Well... it seems that Ash's sudden popularity didn't only bring news crews to our door," I told her, mysteriously, letting the other two new members of our family be seen.

"A Gardevoir?! And a Ralts?!" May exclaimed, shocked. "Wait... are they... does that mean that she is..." she stuttered, raising the Cherish Ball I sent her as a gift.

"Yep! They are the family we met during our journey with Ash!" I answered her, as excited as she now looked.

"That's wonderful Max! I know how much you've missed him, and now with you getting your junior trainer permit with dad's help, you can officially have him as your starter." May told me with gentleness, one could only achieve by being an older sibling.

"Mmm," I hummed, hugging Ralts to my chest as he sat on my lap. Gardevoir, having left to help mom in the kitchen. "Kirlia watched your last Gran Festival participation and fell in love with the contest world, she decided to become your pokemon. Gardevoir was all for it, as both of her children would become pokemon to sibling trainers. She herself, chose to become mom's pokemon."

"Well, mom is a Fairy-Type Specialist," May commented. "But I'm happy that everything worked out! Aren't you happy that you followed Ash's advice and sat for the junior trainer permit test? And did you hear? Meganium finally had the egg!"

"I am, I felt a bit unease to have dad as the senior trainer in charge of me," I answered truthfully. "But Ash was right, dad wouldn't baby me. Because it wouldn't be dad the one to oversee my training, but the Petalburg Gym Leader. I did hear, May. But there's still like a month before it'll be close to hatch."

"So, have you decided?" May asked the question I know everyone has been wanting to but didn't have the guts to. "Will you accept the baby pokemon to join your journey?"

"I don't know... it's not like it would be joining me anytime soon. Ash made sure to tell me that he would only send me the pokemon only once I start my journey, I'm only eight. He wants to let Meganium and Sceptile raise their child first. He also asked me to have the pokemon sent to Professor Oak's Lab whenever I do not have it in my roster during my journey, so they would be able to spend time with their parents." I sighed. "On one side, I agree with those rules and I am all for family time. Spending time with Ash's pokemon means that he will end up learning cool moves... on the other side, they are Ash's pokemon."

Realization showed on May's face. She then sighed: "You might end up with a pokemon that returns to you with a cool but crazy move every time you leave him at Professor Oak's Lab."

"That seems like fun," Ralts giggled in my head.

"It might be fun, but too troublesome." I sighed back. "Sorry, May." I apologized to my sister, who wore a confused look on her face. "Ralts just said that having a pokemon like that in the team seems like fun."

"Haha," she laughed. "Well, there you have it! If your starter thinks it's fun, then you shouldn't have any issue."

"Ralts might have no problem, but what about the rest of my team?" I questioned her.

"The rest of your team?" She inquired confused. "You have more pokemon?!"

"Not yet," I answered. "But dad is taking Ralts and me next week to look for them."

"You don't mean..."

"Hehe," I chuckled. "Mightyena, Shroomish, and Shuppet!"

"Oh, Max! I am so happy for you!" She squealed excitedly. "And jealous! You'll start your journey with four, maybe five, pokemon!"

"Well, I did promise them all to come back for them. I'll just do it earlier than I was expecting." I told her. "I'll think about Ash's offer, as I promised him, but I still have time before I have to make a choice. For now, we better get ready. Ash's radio interview will start soon."

"Can you believe it? Ash Ketchum having interviews and photoshoots!" May laughed, clearly still in disbelief. "Then again, thanks to his sudden bust in popularity, I've been having a lot of reporters coming to me during and after contests."

"The same with dad, a lot of magazines want to interview the Gym Leader that had his kids travel with The Saint." I sighed, still bothered by them- even if they've finally stopped Ash snapped at them. "You've been on fire lately, already three ribbons!"

"I've been in Johto for almost four months already. Without the Ash-induced constant adventures and his gym battles, I should have already had at least three. Not, only now three." May sighed. "Everyone upped their game, Drew and Harley are better than ever. Not to mention, Solidad. With Ash showing us how much he had matured and taken a similar but more refined battle style, I decided it was time for me to grow up as well."

"You're still using the same exhibition and fighting style: passionate and random... well, it is more surprising now than random. You no longer rely on Assist and Metronome that much. Not to mention, both Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolved." I commented.

"Thank Arceus for that, otherwise I would have lost against Drew on my last contest. The big surprise of facing two newly evolved pokemon on the final stage was what gave me the win." May said.

"Maybe... but you shouldn't do that again. It might have worked this time but using a newly evolved pokemon for the first time in a contest's final stage might be your downfall next time." I advised her, recalling how shocked I was when I saw Ivysaur and Wartortle on the last battle. "Especially, if you are going after a ribbon of a Double Battle Contest."

"So, if I should have Kirlia try on the exhibition part of a contest first, before using her on the battle part?" May hummed.

"Yes!" I shouted, surprising Ralts and May. "Sorry, Ralts," I murmured, patting his head lovingly. "I know you love surprising people, surely it's Ash's influence on your training style. But one thing is surprising, and another thing is random and reckless."

"Got it, got it." May chuckled, nervously. "We better get going, Ash's interview will start at any moment."

"May!" I called out, but she had already disconnected the call.

She was clearly trying to run away from my scolding... but luckily, she was also right, and I wanted to listen to his interview. I couldn't listen to it; I am Ash's greatest fan after all. I already made Mrs. Delia promise me a copy of the next issue of Battler. She was receiving a whole box from the magazine company.

Smart move Mrs. Delia! I complimented in my head.

I'm pretty sure she was planning of sending a copy to everyone. Ash will hate it for sure... but what he doesn't know, won't hurt him.