II Gary's P.O.V

"Is that a female Pikachu?" I asked shocked, as I stared at the mouse pokemon on May's lap.

"Yes! As everyone is catching an Alolan Pokemon I've decided to one myself. An Alolan Pikachu!" May exclaimed with a big smile. I blinked not being able to shake off the surprise. I've never thought of another member of the gang getting a Pikachu... that's Ash's thing. "Max also caught one. Though, technically I now have two of them. As Max cannot catch one without the presence of our dad. But hey, Max will be the one training him!"

"I know, it surprised us too," Brock sighed.

"Who would have thought the day someone other than Ash has a Pikachu in this group has finally come?" My grandfather chuckled.

"Then again, who better?" Auntie Delia giggled. "Ash did mentor them after all."

"I can't believe I have a Pikachu!" Max was practically jumping on his seat.

"I can't believe you already have a complete team, you haven't even started your journey!" Misty exclaimed, pointing at a small group of pokemon eating breakfast beside May's pokemon. 

Looking closer I recognized a Ralts, a Shuppet, a Mightyena, a Shroomish, the male Alolan Pikachu May had mentioned, and a Chikorita. That's quite a good team for a boy who had not even started his journey. It's even a good team for those halfway through their journey. Wait! A Chikorita?!

"Is that Meganium and Sceptile's Chikorita son?" I inquired startled. "I thought that Ash would not send him to Max until he started his journey."

"That was the plan, but with all my pokemon bonding Ash did not want Chikorita to feel like an outsider when I start my journey," Max answered me. "He'll be coming to dad' gym two weekends a month, to bond and train with us."

"Not to mention, I discussed it with Chikorita's parents before making any plans," Ash commented as he joined us in the garden of the mansion, stopping for a second to pat Chikortia.

I could not stop myself from looking at his body, all the Aura and Ranger training did an excellent work on his shape. One could especially appreciate it as Ash was wearing only a pair of red swimming tracks and a white open shirt. Those abs...

"Good morning sleepy head!" Wake ruffled Ash's hair, pulling him into a tight hug. I still can't believe a worldwide wrestler star, like Wake Crasher is related to Ashy... who am I kidding? Of course, they are related! "How does it feel to be a success? The first day of The Saint Festival sold out all the merchandise and broke T.V viewing records in every region!"

"Unbelievable," Ashy answered with a tired but happy smile. "When I started my journey I wanted to be the very best... I did not even know what that was back then and I still don't believe I've managed it. But this truly makes me feel closer."

We all looked at Ash tenderly, we all knew how hard his journey has been and we've all seen him struggle with frustration and deception. I, more than anyone, know how hard it's been for him. How sometimes he felt like he had not advanced a single step towards his objective. Yet here he was, filling a stadium with people who had come all over the world just to watch him and his pokemon. The pride I felt for him could not be described in words. The pride I felt about myself was good for my ego, as I was the first one to recognize him as a worthy rival. I just knew... the moment I saw him talking to a hurt Butterfree and pushing him to recover fast at grandpa's ranch I knew. I knew the moment he told Butterfree goodbye with a smile and afterward cry in auntie's chest... I just knew he would be great.

And I was right.

We proceeded to finish breakfast silently, simply enjoying the beauty of the Islands of Alola. I can see myself coming here again. For research, for a vacation, for training, for my honeymoon with Ashy... wait... let's just stop this trail right here. Yeah, this did not just happen. It never happened.