IV Piplup's P.O.V

On our way to the Grand Festival, we met with Johanna in Neighborly Town and ended up supplementing her in teaching a beginning Pokémon class, while she was invited to be a judge in the Neighborly Town Pokémon. It was a fun experience for Dawn, as it would be the first time she taught a class, Riley, and Ash already had the experience.

Though what happened next was more exciting. We came across a mysterious girl sleeping in a boat. A boat that was about to go over a waterfall! Fortunately, Riley and Ash acted quickly and dove in to save her. The girl's name was Marley and as soon as she realized who Ash was, she begged us for help. She needed to take a sick Shaymin to find a "secret garden" over the mountain. The poor Shaymin was attacked by a Seviper and had been poisoned. We ended up aiding them and the Shaymin in their Sky Forme left on their flower-bearing journey. That night I heard Pikachu-senpai commenting that once upon a time they would have been sure that Jessie, James, and Meowth were involved. It left Ash's whole old pokemon team laughing the night away.

But that was not the end of it. It never was when Ash is involved and you are traveling with him and his pokemon. On our journey, we met a ranger named Ben after he saved a Feraligatr from drowning in a river. One look at Ash and he was crying! Arceus! What is it with this exaggerated reaction to Ash?! When he explained that he was trying to rescue a rare Heatran and transport them to the National Park... I understood the situation a little better.

Then again, it was Ash the one who exploded after the explanation. Who in their right minds has a ranger who is not of Ace level hunt down a Heatran?! He had shouted, face burning with anger. Of course, he helped Ben and left with him to scream at his superiors. Oh, how I would have liked to be there! Watching him scold adults is one of the best things about traveling with him!

One would expect that without Ash around things would calm down... no, nop, rien, niet, and every other language out there! We ended up meeting Dawn's doppelganger... Dawn's doppelganger!

She is some kind of princess who wishes to be a coordinator...

Ash, why, why did you have to infect us? We could have lived a normal life without these messes happening to us at every corner!

Salvia, the princess, came up with the idea of switching places with Dawn and entering the Arrowroot Town's Contest. As you would have guessed, we went along with it. Salvia and her Togekiss entered the contest and won! However, she then tried to leave Togekiss with Dawn and give up her dream of being a coordinator now that she had had the experience. Oh, no, strike one and two, princesses. Now it was Dawn's time to explode. She showed us all that she is Ash's student in every matter... even the Ketchum scolding techniques implemented by the goddess but scary Delia Ketchum.

In the end, the poor princess was left crying and hugging her Togekiss as she trembled. But things worked out all right, and the princess and her pokemon stayed together by the time we left the town for the Grand Festival. Salvia even promised to talk with her parents about her dreams and show them the ribbon she had won on her own as proof that she can do it in the coordinator world.

Thankfully, the rest of our journey was calm... or calmer. We did meet this one trainer with two Dittos. However, what mattered was that we had finally reached Valor Lakefront and signed up for the Grand Festival. Ash and Pikachu-senpai were already in our room, waiting for us in his suit.

"Why are you wearing a suit?" Dawn asked him surprised, as she stepped into the room.

"Hi, Dawn, is good to see you again. I missed you while I was at the National Park. Did you miss me?" Ash laughed, opening his arms to catch Dawn when she jumped him for a hug.

"I missed you!" Dawn squealed. "But I really want to know why are you wearing a suit?"

"There's gonna be a meet-and-greet event for the participating coordinators, they heard I was in the resort and invited me as a guest of honor," Ash shook his head. "I am representing the Ranger Commissionary and will be doing a speech, so I need to dress the part," he explained gesturing to his wardrobe.