I Josh's P.O.V

"Mmm," I moaned, stretching my limbs as my team and I exited the communal baths, at the Lily of the Valley Island's Ranger Headquarters, after a long training session. "That felt good!"

"Em-leon!" My Empoleon agreed.

While the rest of my pokemon simply nodded their heads or moaned back. Nothing felt better than a good long hot bath after an arduous training session.

"That's true," even Sarah agreed with me!

Ever since the capture of Hunter J we were moved to the principal Ranger Headquarters in Sinnoh, to form part of the force in charge of the hunt of Galactic Team. Now, there was nothing to do, other than some surveillance work and training. Not that I was expecting anything more, Ace Ranger Ash has only been in Sinnoh for a couple of months.

As good as I know he is, even someone like me knows better than to ask for miracles. Especially, after the information leak.

So, we train. My Empoleon against Sarah's Infernape. My Weavile against her Mr. Mime. Her Medicham against my Machamp. Her Bronzong and Gyarados against my Gengar and Luxray. My Honchkrow against her Togekiss.

Having various fights at the same time, some with type advantage and some with type disadvantage keep our skills fresh for the battlefield. Where you have all your pokemon out fighting multiple enemies, you must be very focused and take note of everything. Not to mention, that your pokemon need to learn to be able to fight and help the team on their own.

That was something Ash's pokemon are notoriously known for. After fighting alongside his Primeape and Sceptile I did not doubt that fact. Especially, after hearing the report from the rangers that worked with the other teams, praising how Ash's pokemon kept cool at every moment and directed their pokemon and navigated the chaos so easily... they are at another level. They can fight and lead on their own, Ash trained them to be self-sufficient. I hope one day I will be able to help my pokemon reach that level.

One normally would be embarrassed at admiring someone, who was five years younger, as much as I do. But no one understands, no one, but Sarah and our pokemon. They don't understand what it is to feel be helpless and feel completely lost, and then find a light of hope at the end of the tunnel.

"Rodrick!" The aghast exclamation, as we entered the communal room, snapped me out of my thoughts. "You can't say that!"

Sarah and I shared a confused look, as we entered the room and found a group of Ace Rangers, seated by the table, in a heated discussion.

"Why can't I?!" Rodrick, a twenty-seven years old Ace Ranger, shouted back, slamming his fist on the table. "Why are we hiding here when we should be taking on Team Galactic! We have The arceusdamn Slayer on our side! You've heard the stories, read the reports, he can stand up to Legendaries and win! He shut down two big criminal organizations and crippled the biggest one in the history of the pokemon world, driving them back into Kanto and Johto. With him, by our side, we can take them on and win easily!" I could see the expression of many other rangers slowly change from apprehension to consideration. "No more pokemon being hurt or poached by them, no more young trainers being hurt or, arceusdamn, killed by those monsters.... Yet, we are here doing nothing because we have a traitor between us!" Rodrick's expression turned from sorrowful hope into one of pure and maddening anger. A sneer taking place into, what normally is, his beautiful and calm face. "So, what is wrong when I say we should find that traitor and teach him a lesson?!"

"This will turn into something ugly very soon if we do nothing," I told Sarah, as many rangers started to agree with Rodrick. If there was something Rodrick has always been good for, other than being an Ace Ranger and trainer, was knowing how to motivate a crowd. "They look ready to start a manhunt!"