VIII Ash's P.O.V

"We heard what happened From Nurse Joy. I'm sorry for your loss." The shopkeeper said.

"Still I should probably pay for everything Litten stole since I caught him," I exclaimed.

"No, no, it's fine. We understand Litten's hardships and don't hold it against him anymore. I couldn't imagine a life like that. Just don't do it again." The director said. to which Litten nodded.

"That's a relief," I said. "I would love to continue enjoying the festivities but yesterday was an emotional rollercoaster. Though, I might pick up lunch and dinner here." I continued.

"I don't blame you for either of those." The director replied.

Just then there was a commotion in the center.

"What's going on?" I exclaimed.

We all rushed towards the center, just in time to see a giant hole in the sky. Four beings came out of the hole. One was yellow and looked kinda like a Blaziken, there was a red one that looked like a Tauros, a pink one that looked like a Metapod evolving into Butterfree, and a blue one that kinda resembled Cloyster with the body of a Sharpedo.

"It's the Tapus," James cried out, holding Jessie and Meowth closer. Dawn hugged Piplup tight, with both Kenney and Zoey moving closer to her.

"What are they doing here? I thought they never left Alola?" The director exclaimed.

The Tapus paid no mind to the chatter as they were looking around for something. As soon as the yellow one locked eyes with me it was clear that they were looking for someone.

"Fear not, we are not here to cause trouble. We simply want to talk to Ash." The yellow one said as he and the others floated over towards me. "I believe you have only heard of us recently. I am Tapu Koko, guardian of Melemele Island."

"How did you learn about me?" I demanded to know. This was the first time a Legendary sought me out specifically, rather than them falling into my lap.

"We were told about the Shamotoi incident as well as the Kyogre incident... and let's just say that we felt the battle between Palkia and Dialga to Alola. Oh, I am Tapu Lele." The pink one introduced themselves.

"I think you forgot the more important thing. You know, the reason we came." The red one pointed out. "The name is Tapu Bulu."

"Yes, Bulu is right. My name is Tapu Fini." Continued the blue one.

Tapu Koko rapidly zoomed in on me, making Pikachu tense, before saying just for us to listen: "You have an important role to play yet to come. I apologize that we cannot say more. We can help you a fair amount but you must complete our trial." He finished before floating back a bit with the other Tapus.

"What do you..." I was cut off.

"We challenge you to a battle." Tapu Koko declared so that everyone can hear. This caused everyone to mumble to themselves.

"I would accept. It is incredibly disrespectful to deny such a request." The director whispered to me, but I could only stand there in shock.

Tapu Koko must have realized that and politely coughed to get my attention. "Apologies, this must be rather shocking." He apologized.

That snapped me out of my stunned state, rapidly a grin appeared on my face and I exclaimed with fervor: "I accept your challenge." That got the Tapus' attention. "Though, do you mind if I exchange Pokemon? Had I known I would have come prepared, the ones on me are not ready to face Legendaries."

"Of course, he has Pokemon ready to face Legendaries on standby." I heard Kenney scoff, but rather than the normal jealousy I was used to, he sounded close to hysterics.