III Johanna's P.O.V

I watched my daughter with pride as she hugged her best friend in comfort. Both girls did expectacculary. Pushing each other to be better but still keep their friendship strong. It reminded me of my old friend from back in my journey...

"You hesitated," I finally spoke up after the girls released each other.

"Excuse me?" Zoey asked confused.

"Mom?" Dawn was also confused.

"Between the Bug Buzz that destroyed your electrified Energy Ball and Kricketune's Sing," I explained. "You had a window and you..." I tried to find the right words to explain it, without kicking her while she was down.

But Zoey paid it no mind, and answered brutally honestly: "I wasted it."

"Yes," I sighed with a small smile. I like her, I thought to myself. "You doubted yourself and that cost you the win. Why did you?"

"The idea that occurred to me, was to trick him. Using Doble Team, to surround his pokemon and force him to dispel the clones one after the other, and accent my pokemon in a shower of lights from that," Zoey explained. Color me impressed, that was a good idea! But... "However, after Jessielina did something similar not ten minutes before? I had to come up with something else, and that hesitation allowed Nando to act first."

"Experience is what allowed Nando to act first and keep his cool," I corrected her. "You both did wonderfully... you simply lack the experience both Nando and Jessielina possess. You've got nothing to be ashamed of."

"We don't," Dawn agreed, hugging Zoey's arm and flashing her a smile.

So, this is how things are, I thought with a raised eyebrow, as I watched Zoey blush under the attention of my daughter. First Kenny, and now Zoey. Poor guys, Dawn is one of the most oblivious people out there. Not to mention, from all the video chats I had with her during her journey, she seems more interested in this Paul guy as a possible future romantic partner.

"Zoey, Dawn!" Ash rushed towards us and hugged both girls tightly.

"Johanna," Riley got my attention. "If you would like to share Dawn's room, I'll go stay with Ash in his suite."

"But won't the resort take it from her now that she was eliminated?" I asked him confused.

"Ash already dealt with the resort himself," Lucario informed me politely. "He said that with only one day left there's no way we won't be staying for the end of it. Both Dawn and Zoey get to keep their rooms and stay to watch Jessielina and Nando battle."

"That's very kind of him," I replied flustered. "But I can pay for Dawn's room."

"No need," Ash answered, smiling at me while having one arm wrapped around one of the girls' shoulders. "I have more money than I know what to do with, allow me this. Please."

"Fine," I sighed, not being able to beat his Lillipup eyes.

"Great!" He exclaimed in victory. "Now, let's get going. James' parents prepared a party for Jessie and Nando!"

"I've kept on noticing that sometimes you call her Jessie and other times Jessielina," I pointed out as he headed for the party.

"Her name is Jessie, but her stage name is Jessielina," Dawn explained to me with a smile, which warmed my heart.

Good, I thought. The loss did not crush her completely.

"Oh, Lugia! May! Max!" Dawn exclaimed as we entered a private party room in the resort, and rushed to hug the new Top Coordinator from Johto.