III Piplup's P.O.V

On our way to Sandalstraw Town, Ash decided to stop for a quick training session alongside Paul. However, in the middle of a practice battle between Grotle and Monferno, the training group barely evaded being frozen solid by an icy blast from an unseen Pokémon. Paul hit the floor hard after Ash had tackled him away from the blast. Only Ash's quick ranger reflexes saved them.

"Ash! Paul!" Dawn shouted, rushing towards them, I quickly followed her. Riley and Lucario were already on the pokemon that attacked them. It was only when I took a defensive position before my trainer and her friends that I realized that I was acting as a ranger's pokemon. When did I begin acting like this? "Are you injured anywhere?"

"Papa!" The cute and small Riolu jumped on Ash's lap, looking totally adorable as he was making puppy eyes at Ash. I believe everyone literally melted at the scene, even Paul's face softened. The power of baby pokemon is astounding! "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," Ash answered, patting Riolu's head, as this nuzzled his hand and his tail wagged in pleasure. Adorable! Wait! Shouldn't we be focusing on the pokemon that attacked them?! I rapidly turned towards the bushes from where the attack had come from and readied myself for another attack, only to find a Snover looking at the ground chastised as he was being scolded by both Riley and Lucario. What is going on? "What is going on?" It looks like Ash was thinking the same thing.

"It seems that this Snover was feeling lonely and wanted to play with us," Riley sighed, before turning back to the wild pokemon. "But he now understands that attacking people is not a nice way to make friends."

"Sorry," Snover apologized, bowing at us.

"No harm, no foul," Ash sighed, standing up, with Riolu snugly in his arms. "I was asked to make a presentation in a school nearby, maybe we can ask them to foster Snover there. He'll never get lonely with all the students there to play with."

"Really?! I can? Thank you!" Snover was jumping in excitement, his face beaming with happiness.

That's just so Ash, I thought, shaking my head in bemusement. Always helping others.

So, that's what we did. We headed towards the school and were greeted by the deafening cheers of the students. It's always so much fun to see people's reacting to Ash. Especially, since Ash never fails to pull a face before beaming a smile at his fans. poor Riolu had to climb on Ash's other shoulder to escape the attention of the class. The poor baby was shaking in fear. Little girls don't hold back when it comes to cute things and pokemon. I shuddered, happy that Dawn had not put me down from her arms.

"Thank you all for making this stop," the teacher approached us, as we watched Ash teach his lesson outside, not being one for classrooms. "Especially, with the Sandalstraw Town Contest happening so soon."

"Contest?" Paul asked, more like grunting, we are still teaching him to communicate better.

"You did not know?" The teacher asked surprised. "There's a contest happening in Sandalstraw Town."

"Then it seems that we will be staying there for a bit longer than we had anticipated," Riley commented, smiling reassuringly at Dawn. I truly like Riley he is such a good friend and big brother figure, though that position in Dawn's heart will never be taken by other than Ash.

"Maybe..." Dawn turned to look at Paul nervously, we all knew how he felt about interruptions happening in his path to his objectives. We had to do a lot of convincing for this teaching lesson.

"I've never seen a contest live, it will be... an experience," Paul answered, taking us all by surprise.

"Thank you!" Dawn beamed at him, it was then that I noticed it... no... it can't be...