X Ash's P.O.V

I looked down at the ocean, from the cliffs by the beach I was sitting on and sighed tiredly. I had just returned to Melemele Island from Poni Island. I still do not know how to feel about the whole situation. I've suffered a lot these last two days since the festival was over, trying to decide what I should do about Tapu Fini's invitation. I even talked about it with my mom. On her part, she had told me that she had made her peace with dad's death years ago and had no desire to re-open old wounds, and she was waiting until they meet again.

Her words helped me out. Once upon a time, I would have just jumped at the opportunity to come out to him, and ask him if he was proud. But now... I did not need that. Uncle Wake is proof that he would have accepted me just the way I am. I now have the confidence in myself and trust my mom's words that he would have been proud of me. Not to mention I feel much closer to him now that I am an Ace Ranger like he had been before he had died. I'm in peace with his death. I do not need Tapu Fini's mist. This is why I thanked her but said: "Thank you, but no thanks." I did request my permission to be given to Lillie and Gladion, they had not been given the chance to say goodbye to their dad as I had. So, after that, I left.

Now I was hiding from everyone, I had no desire for pity looks or to talk about it. This is why I sighed heavily when Utau and her Altaria landed behind me.

"This better, be good Utau," I told her, hugging Pikachu the same way Dawn does with Piplup.

"In two weeks the training camp will be held," she informed me. "Luckily, you'll only have two trainers joining you. By the way, Gladion chose the Dusk Stone as his prize, and Ilida chose the Moon Stone. I've just come from the Kojiro's Mansion, Dawn requested I tell you that she's planning to return to Sinnoh. There's a Fashion Show in Hearthome City that she's planning to enter and she has been invited to the Pokemon Summer Academy at Professor Rowan's research facility. That's all before Celestic Town, where her next contest will be held."

"If she was a whole two weeks waiting with me she won't get to do them," I concluded, turning around to face her. "That's fine, I'll meet her in Celestic Town. Will Riley be going with her?"

"Yes," Utau answered, shifting nervously.

"You would have not come all the way here just for that," I told her. "You would have waited at the mansion for that. What are you not telling me?"

"Lillie and Gladion Aether just found out that their dad is alive, they returned to their home to tell their mom." She answered. "Tapu Fini, as her mist had not been used yet, returned the permission to you..."

Just my fucking luck! I cursed internally. Though, I am happy for them That's very good news.

Before I could say anything more, splashing from down below distracted me. Turning around, I saw something that warmed my nervous heart. A balm to the wounds I've been suffering these last few days.

"Lapras!" I shouted as I jumped off the cliffs, landing on the surface of the water (Yes, I can walk on water. Thank you Aura!) and hugged my precious Lapras. "Oh, how I've missed you!"

"Ash! I've found you!" Lapras exclaimed. A new trick I've learned from Riley was Aura Translation, it comes in handy when Espeon is not part of my roster. I truly love Aura! "I've been trying to find you for a while, but while everyone is talking about you, you've never stayed in place for too long. But now you have! I've missed you so much!"

"Lapras! It's so good to see you again!" Pikachu greeted her from my shoulder, with a big smile. "Where's your pod?"

"I've done my duty and passed down the title of Head of the Pod to my little brother," Lapras answered him, nuzzling Pikachu excitedly. "I swam all the way here on my own, I want to rejoin the family!"

"Are you sure?" I asked her, trying to calm down my excited heart. Because no matter how happy it makes me that my family was being completed again, my pokemon always come first.

"I am, I've missed you all so much! And my prize knows how to make it to Pallet Town, so they'll come to visit me at least once a year!" Lapras told us excitedly, nuzzling me.

"Oh, Lapras..." I murmured, throwing my arms around her neck.

I've missed her so much. I've missed every single pokemon I've left behind so much. However, the knowledge that they are happy kept me going. Still knowing that they've missed me just as much and our bond was strong enough that they would come back for me... just brings me to the edge of tears. I am so happy! Now the only one that's missing is Butterfree!

I stayed hugging her for ten long minutes, simply soaking her love and presence. Then I took out her Poke Ball (I always keep my "released" pokemon's Poke Balls with me, with the quiet wish of them finally coming back home) and returned her. I then climbed back up and accepted Utau's offer of the lift back to the James' Mansion. Everyone was happy and focused on the return of Lapras, so no one bothered me with the Tapu Fini's mist issue. I, myself, had forgotten about it, something that in the future will come back to bite me.

I told my goodbyes to almost everyone, the only ones staying were James' parents as they still had some business with Lusamine and to make sure the training camp goes smoothly. Even the champions came over to say their goodbyes, they've been far away from their regions for far too long by now. The big mansion would have been lonely, with Martin and Madelyn being out most of the time, but I had asked Professor Oak to send me all my original Orange Island Team. So, I spent most of my time getting my team's reacquaintance. Also, Primeape and Pidgeot had never met Lapras. I've spent the whole week having fun and relaxing with my pokemon, we've trained and worked far too hard lately. So, we simply had fun. Too much fun!

Dawn and Riley were also having a good time in Professor Rowan's camp, Riley was even invited to give some lectures about Aura and give his opinion about what he believes about the theory that evolution and Aura are connected. Dawn had caught a new pokemon, a cute Swinub, though he will not stay that cute for long. How will Dawn handle such a big pokemon with so little mobility? He is just not her style... well, I'll help her if she has any trouble training him. She had also won The Hearthome Collection with Buneary. They both looked so cute!

What had Torracat and I burning with passion was the Battle Royal between Wake Crasher and The Masked Royal! Of course, Uncle Wake won the match. However, Torracat ended up claiming the opponent's Incineroar as his rival. We will be coming back one of these days for a match against them.

However, every vacation comes to its end. Two weeks of pure sun and waves after, the Training Camp was set to begin. Luckily it was only for a weekend and there will only be two people assisting. As I arrived a saw a small conglomeration of pokemon, an Eevee, a Kangaskhan, a Smeargle, a Castform, a Skitty (so, that's why he chose a Moon Stone), and a Stufful, on one side of the camp, and an Umbreon, a Lycanroc, and what Lusamine had informed me was previously known as Project Null, but now is known as Silvally. Those are some good pokemon they have. I could easily note that they were well trained and treated with care and love. Their fur or skin looked healthy and smooth to the touch, there was no sign of malnutrition and they possess well-defined muscles. I am so glad I am going to teach these two.

... I still can't believe that I am teaching someone, let alone two guys that are around my age! Gladion was eleven and Ilida was my age. I just hope I will be able to do a good job. 

"Hi!" I plastered a smile on my face to hide my nerves, waving at the two of them.

Pikachu jumped off my shoulder to greet the rest of the pokemon. He had surprisingly no issue treating with an Umbreon, one of these days I will have him tell me what kind of agreement he had reached with Blackie. I released the rest of my pokemon, so they would also join them. For this camp, I chose my teaching Pokemon: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Primeape, Snorlax, Charizard, Espeon, and Sylveon. This way I had Speed, Control, Creativity, fighting technique, variety, power, and special attacks, all covered. I just hope that Professor Oak's Ranch will still be standing after these next two days. Let's hope Pidgeot will be able to keep the chaotic balance of my pokemon on her own.

I can do this, after all, I am not alone. As long as I have my pokemon by my side I can do anything.