II Wallace's P.O.V

I was still breathless from the previous battle, I've never seen someone get through an Elite Four Trainer that fast before.

Marvelous!

"He is good, isn't he?" My lover asked me slily, as he leaned against me. We had to move to the next room for the next challenge, while we were waiting for Ash to return from healing his pokemon.

"Go ahead and say it," I sighed.

"Say what?" Steven asked me, acting oblivious in porpuse.

"I told you so," I replied drily.

"Me? I would never." He told me in exaggeration. "I don't know what you mean."

"You know for beinng one of the youngest people in Hoenn to get a Geology PhD, you can be quite childish," I replied, but then chuckled and kissed his forehead. "You were right, he is as good as you said he would be. Even better."

"And never forget that," Steven purred like a Skitty.

"If you love birds are done, the next battle is about to start," Lance joked.

"So soon?" Mrs. Ketchum murmured worrieedly. "Aren't they going to give more time to rest?"

"This is the Elite Four Challenge... it's hard," Professor Oak told her gently.

"Don't worry Auntie, Ashy got all the training he needed back in Alola," Gary Oak assured her with a smile. "They might have worked him to the bone, but at least they helped him prepare for this. He'll be fine."

"You are right... well, I'll have to prepare a banquet for when he is done! He deserves it!" Mrs. Ketchum exclaimed in cheer.

Everyone went mute as the referee stepped forward. "The challenger Ash Ketchum, has achieved the difficult task of beating Elite Four Aaron in battle, gaining the oportunity to challenge Betha The Ground Master," the referee announced to the cheering crowd here to support Ash. "The match will be a full battle, 6 vs 6, and only the challenger will be allowed to substitute his pokemon." Ash smirked excitedlly, while Bertha smiled serenely, as they took out their chosen Poke Balls. "Let the battle begin!"

On Bertha's side of the battlefield appeared a Rhyperior, while on Ash's side appeared a Meganium.

"Wasn't Meganium Ash's healer?" Steven asked confused.

"She might be a healer, but she is a kickass healer!" Dawn answered him, beaming. "Every girl in Ash's team is one to look out for!"

"Hear! Hear!" The various females in the bleachers cheered, having heared Dawn's words.

Girl power... you better watch out Rhyperior.

In seconds the rocky battlefiedl was turned into a beautiful green landscape... a deadly one, but beautiful nonetheless. It honeslty made me mourn the fact that Ash was not interested in contests. Meganium started with rapid use of Grassy Terrain, which was followed by a smart use of Overgrow, which will aidd to power up her Grass-type moves when her HP is low. She then filled the battllefield with landmines in the form of Leech Seeds covered with Poison Powder, Worry Seeds covered with Sleep Powder, and Grass Knot. By the end, she had summoned a Light Screen and waited for Rhyperior to fall under one trap.

"Ho-how did she get to do all that in under a minute!" I exclaimed in shock. "She does not even look a little bit tired!"

"That! She is copying Bulbasaur's technique during boot camp!" Professor Oak outright ignored me and exclaimed in surprise but happiness. "Bulbasaur was in charge of teaching the new and old pokemon abour terrain manipulation before Ash parted for Sinnoh. He began his class by pulling out that!" By then, Bertha had snapped out of her stunned state and commanded Rhyperior to use Earthquake to destroy Meganium's work. "That won't work..."

Going forward and beyond {Path of the Aura Ranger: Book I}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara