introduction.

。 ☆ 。  ☆。  ☆
★。 \  |  /。 ★
     。。。
★。 /  |  \。 ★
。 ☆。   。  ☆。

Claudia tried her best to block out the music coming from her mom's living room. As much as she wanted to sway to the sweet sound of David Bowie, she couldn't. She had tons of essays to grade and it was already late. Being a freshman English teacher wasn't her first option, but she quickly adored the job. She had assigned an essay on their current topic of the week, Greek Mythology.

Her mom didn't think the loud music would bother her daughter, so she raised the volume and yelled out the lyrics to 'Let's Dance' as she dusted off the ceiling fan. Claudia groaned, standing up from her desk and exiting the room in search of her mom.

Claudia found her dancing to David Bowie, not noticing her daughter was standing in the doorway annoyed. "Ma!" Claudia tried to get her mom's attention. When she failed to get it, she thought of another idea that actually might help. "Jane Audrey!"

Her mom immediately let her arms fall to her sides and turned to her daughter. "What the hell, Claudia? That's not cool. Janis! It's Janis, my little baby butterfly."

"Ma, as much as I love Bowie, can you keep it down. I'm almost done grading essays, it's Thursday and I'd like to sleep a little early tonight. Tomorrow is the last day we learn about Greek mythology and my kids aren't happy about it. They love it." Claudia said.

Janis nodded, finally putting an end to the voice of her idol. "Fine, fine, no more Bowie tonight. I'll get started in dinner."

Claudia gasped. "You mean you haven't started dinner at all? What have you been doing for the past hour?"

Janis shrugged her shoulder. "Listening to Bowie, you know, the usual."

"Okay, I'll finish grading the few essays that I have and I'll help with dinner. Deal?"

"Can we listen to Bowie?"

"Sure."

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

After finally finishing grading all the essays and helping her mom with dinner, at exactly ten thirty, the mother and daughter were eating their home cooked meal, drinking lemonade and laughing at whatever they had to say.

"So when's the next parent teacher meeting?" Janis asked, trying to eat the last bit of spaghetti on her plate.

"Next month. I can't believe my kids are going to be sophomores. I told them to come visit my classroom when they can." Claudia said. "One of them already invited me to their graduation. I said I was going to be front row to watch them cross the stage."

Janis smiled warmly. "You really do love your kids. When you have your own kids, you'll love them just as much." Janis finished her dinner, grabbed her plate and walked over to the sink and placed it inside.

"Ma, I have my kids. I have tons of them. I don't even have a boyfriend. I don't have time for one, remember?"

It was true. Claudia only ever had two boyfriends. One in high school and the other towards the end of college. They both ended mutually. Claudia claimed that she didn't need to have kids or a husband to be happy and Janis respected that. Janis didn't have a husband. Claudia's dad left them after Claudia's first Christmas. Janis raised her daughter by herself, with help of her friend, Lara. (Well, in a way.)

Janis was twenty two when she had Claudia and didn't have a job at the time. Lara gave Janis a chance after Janis' parents had disowned her and refused to even meet their granddaughter.

"If you ever have kids of your own or adopt, I'm happy. Or if you don't have kids at all, I'm happy as long as you're happy." Janis went over to hug her daughter. "But don't you think grandma Janis is such a cool name? I could take them to festivals, teach them what good music is and we can travel with them."

"Get a dog?" Claudia laughed.

"Oh I'll get one. I can name it Ziggy or Mick."

"Ma, really?"

An: btw this takes place in april 2015 then we go on from there :)