chapter twelve.

Another school day came and Claudia was excited to see her kids again. It was going to be a work day so she decided to bring more snacks for her kids. It was six in the morning when she made it to the nearest Target. After parking her car and grabbing a cart, she went in search of snacks. It wasn't busy, mostly since it was early in the morning and a weekday. Claudia made it to the snack aisle and started filling her cart with boxes of granola bars, cookies and gummy packets.

By the time she got the snacks, it was still too early to go to school, so she figured a trip to the book section of Target wouldn't hurt. Claudia pushed her cart towards the book aisle, looking through the different genres. The books weren't organized, she could tell straight away. A Stephen King novel was next to Dr. Seuss' The Lorax after all.

Claudia looked around, noticing it was just her in the aisle. She took the children's book and put it in the children's section. She wasn't going to spend her whole time organizing every book since that would take hours and she had a job to get to. But she continued to organize a bit before she left. She was too busy putting books where they belong that the laugh of a man startled her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just to entertained by your reorganization you have going on," the man said.

Claudia tensed up. She didn't want to turn her head to look at the man, but she was glad she did. She tried not to freak him out. Technically, she didn't. He did say he found her entertaining.

"Uh, thanks. I just don't think King and Dr. Seuss match. Totally different vibes," she laughed nervously, but he couldn't tell.

"You're so right. Imagine a kid grabbing horror novels instead of a book about trees," He chuckled. "you seem to know your way around books. You practically put every single one of them in their rightful place."

"I'm around books all the time. It's my job. I'm an English teacher." Claudia replied.

"An English teacher, really? Okay, I have one question for you." He held up a finger.

"Okay, go ahead."

"Best book to movie adaptation?" He asked.

Claudia found it impossible to answer. She had seen a handful of book to movie adaptations with her mom, but she always ended up hating them. She hated the fact that most of them left out details that were important to the plot or just funny scenes that she wished could've made it on the big screen.

"Are you kidding? I can't answer that!" Claudia rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on! There must be a book and movie you enjoyed."

She sighed, feeling defeated. "I did enjoy 'The Color Purple' and 'The Social Network'. I've read the accidental billionaires so many times. I kinda forget the social network is based on a book. I mean half the time I spent staring at Andrew Garfield."

"Can't blame you, that man is gorgeous."

"What about you?" She asked. "What's your favorite?"

He smirked. "Dorian Gray sometimes, Narnia the next and sometimes I do some comic books here and there."

An: my friend told me to write that last line so thanks andrea

also dianna agron gives me claudia vibes so i made this

but of course you can imagine claudia as anyone you'd like :)