chapter five.

Claudia kept switching channels on the TV trying to find something interesting to watch. Janis and Edward were in the kitchen, still conversing about Janis' time at Woodstock with her friends. Layna was still upstairs in the company of hundreds of books.

Finally, Claudia found something interesting to watch. It was a documentary about conspiracy theories. Her kids loved watching those whenever she would invite them to eat lunch with her in the classroom. She would either put on a movie or a documentary that her kids wanted to watch.

A commercial for a Netflix show interrupted her documentary. Claudia, for some unknown reason, loved watching commercials. One of the only reasons she would sit down to watch the Super bowl was for the commercials. She didn't know anything about football and she didn't want to find out. The commercial was promoting the new season of Daredevil. She remembered two of her kids watching the show during her class.

"Oh, hey! I worked on that show! It was pretty fun." Edward pointed at the TV screen.

Claudia turned around to look at Edward. "Can I ask, what's your job?"

"Executive producer. I got hired by Feige himself. I was surprised, actually. When I got the call, I thought he was going to fire me even though I didn't work for him." Edward explained. "I talked to him about working on other Netflix shows based on Marvel characters. I want to introduce The Punisher into the series and maybe give him a show."

Claudia looked at her mom in amazement. Janis didn't mention that.

"Such a hard working nerd, aren't you?" Janis laughed, playfully punching Edwards's shoulder. "Claudia, can you call Layna down? It's dinner time."

Claudia nodded, standing up from the couch and going upstairs to her room. She found Layna still sitting on the floor, reading the same book from before. She felt bad for interrupting.

Claudia cleared her throat. "Uh, Layna? Dinner is ready."

Layna mumbled something that Claudia couldn't understand. She was lost in her own fictional world.

"Okay. Um, well, I'm gonna go downstairs. Come down when you want. But you can borrow the book tale it home and give it back when you're done. I'm a library basically. Wait, that sounds ugly. Librarian? Sounds better than library. Oh my god, I'm so sorry. You're just trying to read. I'll go."

Layna looked up from the book, hiding her smile from Claudia. She closed the book and got up from the floor. "Can i?"

Claudia nodded happily. "Yes, borrow any book you want," All she could think about was how happy Layna looked while asking. "It's nice talking about books with someone other than my kids or my mom. Technically, she doesn't care, she just pretends to listen and agree with anything I say."

Together, they walked down the stairs. Layna had the book in her hand. "Where do you get your books? You have so many. I have half of that."

Claudia held up a card between her fingers. "Teacher's discount at Barnes and Noble. The barista knows my order by heart. I feel bad, I don't know his name." She frowned.

Layna laughed then followed Claudia into the dining room where plates and forks were set up. Both girls looked at their parents confused when they saw Janis and Edward eating chocolate ice cream straight from the carton.

"Literal kids." Layna laughed.

An: buckle up kids benjamín is gonna appear in the next chapter