chapter one hundred thirty six.

Claudia looked at her calendar on her phone. She wasn't the person to use a period tracking app, so she normally just relied on her calendar to track her period. It had been a while since she had to use pads or tampons so she immediately went to the store and bought two types of pregnancy tests. Now, she sat on the bathroom floor waiting for the results to show.

"Okay, okay, whatever it is, you're going to be fine," Claudia told herself and she checked the time on her phone. Only two more minutes left until she would get the biggest news of her life.

Claudia felt like her heart was going to burst out of her chest at any moment. But deep down she knew that whatever the result was, she certainly wasn't going to be alone in that journey. Ben would be the best dad, Lucy would be the unofficial official aunt, Janis would finally be the cool grandma, it all seemed like a dream come true.

Two minutes flew by quickly, but Claudia needed to know if in nine months, she would become a mother. But before she could even stand up from the floor and check the tests on the counter, a knock interrupted her.

"Claudia, are you in there, hun?" Janis asked.

"Yeah, sorry I'll be out in a minute." Claudia frantically tried to hide the empty boxes, but then realized she didn't have anything to hide, especially from her own mother who gave birth to her and raised her alone. So instead of throwing the boxes in the cabinets, she opened the door to face her mom.

"Are you okay? You look scared, babe, what's wrong?" Janis spoke in her comforting voice that made Claudia relax.

"I have to show you something, but promise not to make it a big deal?" Claudia said as she grabbed her mom's hand and led her into the bathroom.

"Okay . . ." Janis slowly nodded her head. She then took a seat on the floor where Claudia was not too long ago.

"Close your eyes," Claudia instructed and grabbed the two tests that were face down on the counter. She then sat next to her mom. "Hold out your hand."

So Janis did what she was told and extended her hand out. The older woman felt a piece of plastic being placed on her hand, which she recognized right away. Instead of opening her eyes and immediately looking at the result, she waited for her daughter to tell her to look.

"Open them," Claudia said. The blonde waited for Janis' reaction, but she remained calm. "I want to find out together."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Janis snorted at her daughter's word choice considering their current situation.

"Okay, if that's what you want. On three?" Claudia nodded. "One, two, three." Janis counted then flipped the test over to see the small screen with the words 'pregnant' written in tiny letters. Claudia looked at hers, which was different from her moms. Hers had a small plus sign instead.

"And you told me not to make a big deal? This is my first grandbaby." Janis smiled.

"I say stupid stuff when I'm panicked okay! This is . . . holy shit! You're going to be a grandma." Claudia couldn't contain her happiness. She set the test down on the floor and instantly hugged her mom.

"You're going to be a mom. My baby is having a baby, oh my god!" Janis felt a tear roll down her cheek.

Claudia let go of her mom. "I can already imagine Ben's face lighting up when he hears the news. Oh! The ultrasound pictures! The cute little baby shoes! I think I'm going to cry already."

"I'm so happy for you, sweets, you deserve to be happy." Janis watched as her daughter got up from the floor and grabbed tissues to wipe away her incoming tears.

"Ben wanted to take his parents out for dinner tonight, I have to get ready! Should I tell him tonight? Do I have to wait? I have no idea what I'm going to wear!" Claudia ran to her room to begin getting ready for her night out.

Still sat on the floor, Janis looked down at the test in her hand. Years ago, she was in the exact same position as her daughter, only difference was that she had no one to help her throughout her pregnancy. But Janis thinks she did a pretty good job raising Claudia, which she did.

"Hopefully, you get to meet me before anything happens, little baby. You and I can be best friends."

An:
claudia when she found out she's pregnant: omg!! i'm going to be a mom!!

janis when she found out she's pregnant: what the fuck fuck u nate