chapter seventy three.

After the school day ended, Claudia raced back to her house in a hurry. She was pretty sure she would've gotten a ticket if she was pulled over, but she didn't. She unlocked her front door, threw her keys in the small bowl and ran to her room upstairs. She then slammed her door shut and took out her phone.

Immediately after her first two classes had ended, she downloaded the Twitter app. It had been a long while since she had the app. Maybe she made only one tweet? She didn't know honestly. Did she even remember her password for her account? Probably not. She opened the twitter app and tried several times to access her account.

Claudiaxdonovan? No.

claudia_donovan? Not a chance.

Claudiaafantasyworld? Lame.

Finally she remembered the username.
"Claudia's coven? Shit, yes," she typed in the username and password, then hit the log in button, but a red color appeared around the box with her username. "wrong username? of course it's the fucking username. I'm so close to throwing you out the fucking window!" She yelled at her phone.

Layna laughed from the semi opened door. "Did you finally lose it or what?" She asked.

Claudia showed the phone screen to the teen. "I need to log onto my Twitter. The damn thing keeps telling me I have a mistake in my username but I'm so sure it's that one!"

Layna grabbed the phone. "Claudia's coven? I thought you'd be more like Claudia's little library where you post book reviews and pictures of you at Barnes and Noble with coffee."

"Ew no, that's the teacher next to me, Garrett. He does that. I think I only made one tweet in 2011 or something then completely logged out, deleted the app and went on with my life." Claudia explained, following Layna to her bed and sitting next to the teen.

Layna nodded, scrolling through Claudia's Twitter feed. "Cats are cool with a heart emoji."

"Yeah, something like that." Claudia sighed.

"No. That's what you tweeted. Look," Layna showed Claudia the phone. Somehow Layna was able to get into Claudia's account, "you spelled your own name wrong. You'd think an English teacher would spell their own name right."

Claudia took the phone and looked at her tweet.

Claudia Donovan
@/claudiascoven
cats are cool❤

"Well, okay." Claudia went to her notifications, which were flooded with follows, likes, retweets and mentions.

"Holy shit, you're famous. I'm guessing Ben's fans found your account. I wouldn't take anything to heart if I were you. They think they control their idols life, you know, who he can or can't date, who he hangs out with. It's so disgusting and childish." Layna said.

"Why would they even like this tweet? It's literally me saying cats are cool and all the replies are 'same' and 'mood' in all caps. What does that even mean?" Claudia questioned.

"You sound like such an adult. I think Janis even knows what that means and she's from a different generation," Layna whispered, not wanting Janis to hear her say she was old.

"Thanks, I know I can always count on you to make me feel youthful. Wait, why are some people having a full on conversation in the replies?" Claudia noticed complete strangers were sharing their life story from their dad leaving to them dropping out of high school and moving to Ohio.

"The beauty of the internet, sweet Claudia. I made so many friends there," Layna hopped off the bed and walked towards the door, "I'll see you later and trust me when I say that those teenage girls don't think about what they say. Later," Layna left Claudia's room.

The adult looked back down at her phone and continued looking through her notifications. It seemed like hours of scrolling, or maybe it was, Claudia had lost track of time. She was just about to close the app when she saw a mention that caught her eye.

em 🐧
@/maalfoyys_
what the fuck

That was it. Just what the fuck. Claudia didn't know it she was referring to her years old tweet or her horrible profile picture of her in old glasses she used with a dog she met at the vet the day she went to visit Janis.

Claudia didn't think much of it until somebody started talking about how tired she looked in her profile picture, most specifically pointing out her lack of makeup. Claudia never used too much makeup, mainly because the school had a strict policy on makeup, which she thought was ridiculous.

violet 🌺
@/grungegirl777
why does she look older than him wtf how old is she

"Please, are you twelve?" Claudia scoffed and she continued to scroll more. She then saw a mention asking her where she got her glasses from. So Claudia decided to answer back.

Claudia Donovan
@/claudiascoven
Hi! I got them from America's best :) I'm not sure if they still have them, but they would look very good on you!

An: claudia and ben being shit at technology/social media ugh soulmates i say 😩✋🏼