(1) Claudia's first day

An: sooooo because i missed my wife claudia, here's a bonus chapter about her first day as a high school teacher :)

Claudia kept looking at her phone screen. It had been five minutes since the bell had rung and only two students were in line against the lockers next to her classroom. She saw other students go into classrooms nearby, but none were walking in the direction of hers. Was she supposed to be expecting a small class of only two? That was impossible.

"Are kids always this late?" Claudia asked a student that was leaning against a locker with a single headphone in. He just shrugged. "Oh. Well, I guess we can come on in." She opened her classroom door to let the two students in.

"Ms. Donovan?" Claudia heard a female voice from behind her. She turned around and saw a girl with glasses. In her hands, she held a piece of paper with a schedule printed on it. Claudia guessed she was new.

"Yes, that's me." Claudia nodded with a smile.

"I'm new. The counselors put me in your class." The girl spoke shyly.

"Welcome! I see that your name is Josephine. Is there any other name you'd like to go by or is Josephine fine with you?" Claudia asked the girl.

"Josephine is fine I guess." It was the first day of school, of course everyone was somewhat nervous.

"Okay, you can take a seat wherever you'd like. I have some snacks on this table right here if you'd like some." Claudia said to Josephine.

It was nearing the end of passing period when a group of students walked into her classroom. Some entered screaming, others were wearing their headphones, it was chaos. Claudia was starting to doubt herself. Could she really control a class of sophomores? She prayed she could.

"Okay, let's all sit down. There's no assigned seating, but if that doesn't work then I have no choice, but to put you all in assigned seats," Claudia announced to her class. "My name is Ms. Donovan, this is my first year teaching-" she was cut off by a student throwing a basketball to another student across the room.

"Ms? When's lunch?"

"I'm bored!"

"Bro, this class sucks. Let's go to Mr. Anders."

"Chris, shut up! Oh my god! Miss, he took my chips!"

"Kill me now," Claudia whispered to herself as she walked to her classroom door. She exited her class and closed the door behind her. She leaned against the door and took a deep breath. "You can do this, you can do this, try not jump out the window, you're going to be okay." She said to herself."

"They're that bad, huh?" Claudia turned her head when she heard her 'neighbor'. "Want me to go calm them down for you? I did that last year with Ms. Hogan's class."

"It's okay, Garrett, I just have to connect with them I think. Two kids are literally tossing a basketball back and forth and some girl was casually eating chips. Can you believe that? And it's not even eight am!" Claudia said.

"Yeah, that's teenagers for ya. Don't worry, you're going to do great. If you need me, I'll be here. I mean not in the hallways, but around. And in my classroom. Good luck." Garrett gave her a thumbs up then entered his classroom.

"Easy for you." Claudia scoffed. Out of the blue, she got an idea. She figured put how to connect with her students. Then she decided to go back inside. When she opened the door, she found several desk arranged in a circle, the two students with the basketball were still attempting to play in such a small space and Josephine was seated in the corner of the room with her phone on the desk.

Claudia walked to her laptop that was plugged into her projector and typed in the familiar website. After several clicks, she turned on the projector and waited for the screen to load. Several seconds later, the Kahoot lobby screen appeared. That caught the attention of almost all of the students.

"I don't want to be those types of teachers that gives homework everyday and that you talk bad about to other students in your groupchats. So here's what were going to do, Kahoot or worksheets that I printed yesterday. No inappropriate names or you're going to ruin the fun for everyone." Claudia explained as she saw several names pop up on her screen already.

"Is this for a grade?"

"Dude, shut up!"

"It can be if you want," Claudia said. "technically this isn't an educational one. . ."

Claudia had clicked on a Marvel Kahoot.

"Is everyone in? If you can't get in let me know!"

After waiting three more minutes, Claudia started the questions. By the end of the fifteen questions, Josephine had won the whole thing. Her name displayed with two others, but hers had a first place medal next to it.

"Do we even have someone named Josephine?" Goes one student.

"Who's Josephine?"

Claudia looked back at the quiet girl, who now had her hood up, using it to hide her face. Claudia walked to the back and placed a tiny bag if candy on Josephine's desk. "I have different candy if you don't like these."

"These are fine." Josephine took the bag in her hands and played with the little ribbon Claudia used to tie the bag.

"Would you like me to announce that you won first place?" Claudia asked.

"Um. . . No."

"Okay, good job, Josephine. You did amazing," Claudia smiled and walked back to her desk. "For your information, we do have someone named Josephine here. Since I don't know everyone's names, I left a piece of paper on your desk, if you lost it already I have more here so you can come up and get one. Just write your first and last name, decorate it, make it pretty and if you have a preferred name, write it down too! This is your exit ticket."

When the bell rang, Claudia stood outside her door as each of her students handed her their piece of paper with their names written on it. "Thank you, get to class on time! Thank you, next time don't toss basketball when teachers are talking!" She said to the two students that were having their game of basketball in her classroom.

"Sorry Ms. Donovan!"

"Thank you," she said as Josephine handed Claudia the piece of paper. Claudia saw that Josephine's preferred name was Jo. "Lovely name, reminds me of Little Women."

"That's my favorite book and movie." Jo said.

"Really? Then you're in luck because we're reading Little Women next month. I might put on the movie, but I haven't decided yet. Don't know how long it'll take us to finish the book first." Claudia said as she kept taking papers from her students.

"Thanks for the candy, Ms. Donovan. Can I come up here during lunch or are you busy?" Jo asked.

"You're more than welcome to come in! Let me write you a pass incase someone stops you."

And that's how Claudia's first day as a sophomore English teacher went. Sure, it was a rocky start, but with each class, she learned how to get them to listen to her. Good ol' Kahoot always did the trick.

An: btw I'm just basing this whole high school experience as mine. maybe you weren't allowed to go to teachers classrooms during lunch, i was but with a pass written by the teacher so yeah if something doesn't make sense here just idk pretend it didn't happen??

anyways four more bonus chapters are coming, not sure when but they're being written!!

also anything specific y'all want me to write about?? i have no ideas at the moment

(DON'T WORRY YOURE GETTING THE WEDDING CHAPTER I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN)