chapter fifty two.

Ben couldn't stop smiling as he and Claudia ran down the street trying to find April. Claudia wanted to talk to April about the person they both might know, Lara Farrow. They searched everywhere from inside stores to libraries. But they still couldn't find the mom and her son.

"I don't know what else to do, Ben, I'm so lost." Claudia frowned as they walked back to the street that the bar/burger joint was located at.

"We'll figure something out," he told her. He watched as she turned her head to Ben's car, but as she did, she caught a man taking photos from a distance. She somehow had forgotten that Ben was famous. Everytime she was around, it was like he wasn't famous, he was normal around her.

They entered the building and saw it was almost empty even though it was sunny outside. Claudia went to sit at the table they were previously at. Ben went to sit beside her and watched as she took out her phone. He thought about all the pictures she would see of the two of them so he coughed really loudly.

"Are you okay?" Claudia questioned as she looked up from her phone for a second.

"Y-Yeah. I just need some water." He said.

"Okay . . ." She looked back at her phone and noticed many of her students had emailed and messaged her through an app she used to remind them of their assignments. "Jesus, you'd think my kids would love to be away from me. They keep sending me pictures."

Ben then slammed his hand on the table, making Claudia gasp. "Sorry. My hand . . . fell."

"Ben, are you okay? I'm serious."

Before Ben could respond, the same woman who served them before walked to their table. She seemed less confident than she was before. She kept looking over her shoulder towards the door that led to the kitchen.

"Hi . . . Again. Um, drinks?" She took out her notepad and pen.

"Just a water for him." Claudia replied.

Ben looked at her. "What about your lemonade?"

"Water for him, please and thank you." Claudia ignored him.

The waitress nodded and wrote down on the notepad. "Okay, be right back then,"

Claudia knew something was different. She saw how the waitress acted. The waitress then went to the kitchen where Claudia saw a glimpse of the bartender, who stared back at her, but looked away when they locked eyes.

"I'll be right back," Claudia said as she stood up from her chair then walked to the bar counter. She waited several seconds before the kitchen door opened and out came the waitress and the bartender. "is it possible to talk to both of you?"

The bartender nodded. "I also have several things I'd like to say."

Then Ben interrupted from his seat. "Claudia! Janis wants you to bring her back a souvenir! Maybe some cake too!"

The bartender looked at the woman beside him. "Guess that answers one of them."

An: short chapter but i wanted to update :)