chapter one hundred seven

An: small timeskip :)

JANUARY 2ND, 2016

"Shut up, I'm talking! If you're not Janis Donovan, can it!"

Janis stood on top of Edward's coffee table. Of course Edward held onto one of her hands so she didn't fall. Janis held a champagne glass in her hand filled with orange juice. "Friends, family, strangers that know my Edward that are too scared to meet me, thank you for a shitty year, but also the year I got to meet the greatest man in my life. . . Keanu Reeves!"

"I'll drink to that." Edward nodded proudly, mainly because he also got to meet Keanu.

"Apart from Mr. Reeves, this awesome beautiful man holding my hand also made his way into my life along with his super cool daughter, Layna. So because I'm so in love with this nerd who knows how to play monopoly, I have one life changing question for you." Janis said, looking down at Edward.

"Edward Regan, will you marry me?"

"Only if you let me sing 'Dammit Janet' from Rocky horror, but instead of Janet, I say Janis."

Janis tilted her head in confusion. "That's it?"

"Janis, Janet, same thing. Kinda cool if you think of it. Brad isn't as close to Edward, but we'll work it out later. I'm an engaged man!"

Claudia set down the cell phone on the coffee table and looked at the couple that was seated across from her. While she had gone to spend New year's eve with Lucy, Ben and Andrew, who she finally met, Janis and Edward had gotten engaged in the living room. Layna had recorded the whole thing on her phone and showed Claudia the second she arrived at Edward's house.

"What happened exactly?" The blonde asked.

Janis rubbed her eyes, still tired from last night's events. "We sang Rocky Horror."

"Before that. You got engaged, mom, you proposed," Claudia clarified. "I'm not mad, but a warning would've been nice."

Janis then laughed. "My girl, stuff like that is unexpected! I surprised myself, but this nerd is the man I love."

"Dammit Janis . . ." Edward mumbled in his sleep.

"Mom, be completely honest with me," Janis nodded a little too fast. "Are you ready for marriage?"

"This is a big step for me, I get it, but when I'm with Edward, he makes me feel loved. Something I didn't have until you came into my life. Also he did mention that Donovan is a way cooler last name than his so I guess the Donovan names continues to live on. Well, for me, you? Not so much." Janis ranted.

"Yeah, Ben Barnes is much better. Don't be so confident I'll end up being Claudia Barnes, I might be stuck being Claudia Donovan for life. Relationship don't always work out." Claudia said.

"Shut up, you two are the only right thing in this world."

Claudia chuckled. "I feel like Ben's friend Lucy would debate on that now that she met her celebrity crush."

"Really? Good for her! I'll plan their wedding too."